Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different Slant  (Read 3087 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
Different Slant
« on: August 04, 2003, 09:06:53 pm »

Movies you'd like to see. Comic books, cartoons, sci-fi books, fantasy..etc. Writers, artists that you think should have hollywood's attention. Example, Bicentennial man was a decent movie from Asimov's short story, but he wrote much more fascinating and compelling stories.. perhaps the special effects haven't reached a point to do Daneel Olivaw justice?  I'd also like to see the rest of Arthur C. Clarke's 2001, 2010, 2061 & 3001 made into movies. Thoughts??
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Different Slant
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 01:55:21 pm »

Well, not that I ever really liked Asimov or C. Clarke's writing (they kinda go together in my, I like their ideas but not their writing) I am still awaiting the release of Rendezvous with Rama - produced by Morgan Freeman and David Fincher. Could be very good that way. But, we'll see I guess.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
huh?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 02:09:12 pm »

Not familiar with that title? was that one of their books?  Not that I have Asimov's  400+ books memorized or anything :)
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Different Slant
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 02:12:48 pm »

Yep, Arthur C. Clarke - 1972
iblist's mention of Rendezvous
btw - iblist is pretty good, an amateur started (as it were) imdb for books. I joined up as an admin the week it started and since then it's just gotten bigger and bigger. Pretty useful.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up