Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime  (Read 4559 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« on: January 30, 2004, 05:30:19 pm »

Does nobody want to say it?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 05:41:42 pm »

WTF, Onstad? WTF?  

Well, maybe Lyle can save the day by telling Phillipe that voting is for chumps.  If Lyle ever voted, it was probably for Harry Browne or L. Neil Smith, and when his candidate failed to crack 0.5% of the popular vote, he probably swore off voting forever.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 06:41:23 pm »

Whatevar, FAGS

^_^

Great things about today's strip:

- Teodor's treatment of Philippe's campaign as routine; "I'm just trying to get some paper towels, Philippe."

- The exchange that takes place in panels 4-5.  I like Teodor's immediate "Is that a statistic?" and Philippe's emphatic "Yes."  Complete with facial expression.

- Philippe's posture in the last panel, as though he's working out a plan to save the economy.

- Somewhat tangentially, I can think of at least two or three dozen dogs I've known or seen to whom the name "Mr. Poopytime" could be adequately and hilariously applied.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 06:44:18 pm »

I rarely laugh out loud at Achewood strips, but "Mr. Poopytime" did it for me.

Hell, he's got MY vote.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 06:45:22 pm »

You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 07:15:50 pm »

I'm reserving judgment. However, I still find Philippe somehow artistically disturbing -- he doesn't quite look right.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 07:19:11 pm »

The look of studied concentration combined with a little disdain on Philippe's face when he says "Ahem" makes this strip for me.

And apparently, hands are the hardest thing to draw.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 12:50:27 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Great things about today's strip:

- The exchange that takes place in panels 4-5.  I like Teodor's immediate "Is that a statistic?" and Philippe's emphatic "Yes."  Complete with facial expression.

- Philippe's posture in the last panel, as though he's working out a plan to save the economy.


Word.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 01:19:11 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"


And apparently, hands are the hardest thing to draw.


Particularly otter hands, surely.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2004, 01:21:42 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?


Cleft/cheek jokes aside, was that a peak or a valley in your view?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 02:04:10 am »

I'm a bit disturbed by this strip as well ...hmmm... now that the hand thing was mentioned, I looked again and.... yeah, creepy.

I also don't like puppies ...har.  the name is amusing though :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 02:10:05 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You can't have soaring peaks without deep valleys.

Can we see Liebot's Butt again?


Cleft/cheek jokes aside, was that a peak or a valley in your view?


It's relative. It's a small hill next to Mr. Poopy#####.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 04:42:34 am »

I'm sorry, but if you don't like puppies, there's something terribly wrong with you.

I mean, PUPPIES.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 05:08:53 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm sorry, but if you don't like puppies, there's something terribly wrong with you.

I mean, PUPPIES.


Okay, I s'pose they're cute enough, but I'd never want one.
I had a bad time with dogs when I was little ..now these were BIG dogs, but they must've been puppies at some point, eh?
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
1-30-04 President Phillipe and his dog Mr. Poopytime
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 11:51:59 pm »

OK, for two days now I have been wondering - Why has Philippe chosen to campaign from what is apparently the garage?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up