Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: And a round of applause for ???  (Read 3992 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 03:25:56 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I have to say, had I gone to see Star Wars SE upon it's release I'd have probably screamed "Fuck you, Lucas" too many times before breaking down in tears, feeling betrayed and scathed.

Only film, except for Rocky Horror I remember seeing people appluad was fuck*ng Indepence Day when I went to see that. Everyone started applauding after Bill Pullman's speech, (he made the worst onscreen president ever!) to which I wanted to scream "Fuck you, all of you!".

Shameful confession: I had not see the SW movies before seeing the Special Edition in the theater. Sadness.

As for Independence Day applause... I'm sorry. So, so sorry.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2004, 12:48:11 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Ouch.  And you're not even American.


Yes, but I guess we're all equally afflicted by lumpy alien scum.
Or some such.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 03:59:16 pm »

Best part about Independence Day: Randy Quaid sacrificed himself for the good of all mankind. Just like Jesus.
In my mind, I like to think that, when he was flying into the alien mothership, he was screaming, "SHITTER WAS FULL, CLARK!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 05:05:11 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
...after Bill Pullman's speech, (he made the worst onscreen president ever!)


Why doesn't Bill Pullman get any respect? He is extremely awesome.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2004, 06:11:45 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "slink"
...after Bill Pullman's speech, (he made the worst onscreen president ever!)


Why doesn't Bill Pullman get any respect? He is extremely awesome.


I don't know. I saw him in some film last night, and thought 'ugh, he looks so fuck*ng smug'.
I don't knwo what it is about him. Honestly.
Only thing I can think of that I respect him for right now is Lost Highway, which was also on last night.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
And a round of applause for ???
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2004, 07:50:50 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "slink"
...after Bill Pullman's speech, (he made the worst onscreen president ever!)


Why doesn't Bill Pullman get any respect? He is extremely awesome.

Yes, but not even Bill Pullman can be awesome in Independence Day, much in the same way as one cannot produce diamonds from elephant turds.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up