Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2004-02-02 - He Is Five  (Read 5624 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« on: February 02, 2004, 01:09:49 pm »

I think I see a new T-Shirt. But I've thought that I've seen new T-Shirts in the past and I've been wrong, so this could be another one of those cases.

If Philippe makes it onto the ballot, there's no way that Nader's gonna win this year.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:44:48 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"

If Philippe makes it onto the ballot, there's no way that Nader's gonna win this year.


I thought Nader wasn't running, so as to not dilute the votes that could go to a decent(ish) Democrat nominee?
I may be wrong. Or he may be waiting to see if Kerry does become the nominee.
Anyway, I'd totally vote for Philippe. Although his stern little face is beginning to scare me ever so slightly.
And if Ray is the campaign manager...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 03:28:19 pm »

Ever so slightly?  Phillipe is scaring the ever-living hell out of me right now.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 03:35:44 pm »

So Philippe is all pissed-off like Howard Dean, right?

I guess this one wasn't very funny, but okay.  We'll see where it goes.

And since his commercial was being run on the Underground Broadcasting Network, there's no telling that their constitution has anything about someone who's five becoming president.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 03:37:57 pm »

They didn't even bother to come up with "The Committee to Elect Philippe" or anything. Just flat out Ray Smuckles. He should really check with Beef before he does things.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 04:03:01 pm »

I'm trying to see this as Onstad trying to turn the convention of having a cartoon character run for President on it's ear.  Like trying to transform the system from the inside or something.  Sure it's a tired cliche not worthy of Luann, but this is Onstad man, if anyone can make this stale bit fresh again it's him right.  Right?!?  I'm taking a wait and see approach.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 04:04:45 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Philippe for America...what a lovely font that is.


Yes that is a lovely font.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 04:07:38 pm »

Dammit Chris, stop the motorcycle now _before_ you get to the shark tank.  Please?
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 04:08:15 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I'm trying to see this as Onstad trying to turn the convention of having a cartoon character run for President on it's ear.

~Paul


I always used to like it when Bill and Opus would run for president. I especially liked the one Sunday strip where they had the different candidates interpretations of the lyrics to Louie Louie. That was GHWB, Dukakis, and Bill, if I recall correctly.

"If I lip curl, away afro bee..."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 06:27:11 pm »

I still find something more than a little disturbing about the way Philippe's being drawn. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fact that he's angry, but he fundamentally doesn't look right.

However, this entire plot arc is better if you assume Philippe is running for president of the Underground. Or something.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 06:45:40 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Ever so slightly?  Phillipe is scaring the ever-living hell out of me right now.

It's those eyebrows, man, and those tiny waving arms. The white-collared dark shirt is very presidential.
Who is more electable: Kerry, Edwards, Dean, Clark or Philippe?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 08:36:00 pm »

Logged
goose means greedy

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 09:03:04 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I always used to like it when Bill and Opus would run for president.

Agreed; that was always hilarious.

I wonder what the rest of the infomercial was like?  It says "This half hour brought to you by Ray Smuckles."  Half an hour!
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 09:23:22 pm »

It was probably 20 minutes of Philippe describing how Mr. Poopytime will end sadness.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2004-02-02 - He Is Five
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 09:54:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
tiny waving arms.

Wow, andalucia. Geek points awarded.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up