Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent  (Read 13421 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2004, 09:57:55 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
As if I wouldn't know what Pierogies are.  My maiden name had three "K"s and ended in "ski," and we ordered 100 lbs of kielbasa for my wedding.  


Krakowski?
Kazakowki?
Kazenzakiski?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2004, 10:19:04 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did you have the thing where you have to put some money in donation box and do a shot to dance with the bride? In the highly german/polish area I'm from this, along with open bar, defines the term "wedding reception"


If you mean the Dollar Dance, yes, we did.  I think we made a couple hundred bucks, but it's all kind of fuzzy.  

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Krakowski?
Kazakowki?
Kazenzakiski?


Try again.  It's a highly uncommon name.  Everybody in the world with my maiden name is directly related to me as a fourth cousin or closer.  

I don't know how you'd find it, but I'll give a special prize to anyone who does.  

And no fair asking Pedro.  You'll have to use your l33t web 5ki114z to qualify for the prize.  There is exactly one instance of my maiden name still available on Google, so it won't be easy.  I'll give you one hint:

The launch code is MOTEKIM.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2004, 11:33:04 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did you have the thing where you have to put some money in donation box and do a shot to dance with the bride? In the highly german/polish area I'm from this, along with open bar, defines the term "wedding reception"


If you mean the Dollar Dance, yes, we did.  I think we made a couple hundred bucks, but it's all kind of fuzzy.


Dollar Dance? I guess some people only put in a dollar but 20's were more common, 50's occasional, 100's spotty, and everybody got at least one check for more.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2004, 11:49:27 pm »

K******i. What do I win?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2004, 01:43:32 am »

Damn.  Y'all are fast.  

The prize goes to...AlohaDawg and St. Zartan (both of whom IM'd me within minutes of each other).  

I'll come up with something appropriate.  Meanwhile, PM me your postal addresses.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2004, 02:02:53 am »

Wait, the rest of us don't get to know the answer?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2004, 02:26:01 am »

Yeah, I was kinda intruiged.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2004, 03:42:08 am »

It's up to the winners if they're going to make you work it out on your own or not.  

Aloha, Zartan, who wants to do the honors?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2004, 03:49:37 am »

Folks, it's really easy if you don't outsmart yourself.

If you choose your search terms correctly - and all of you have the information to do exactly that - you could hit "I'm Feeling Lucky" and find the answer. The trick is in knowing when you've found the right thing.

And it feels much more sub rosa and delicious to find it out indirectly. DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A WANKSTA
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2004, 04:54:59 am »

Indeed; recognition of the clue will lead you straight to the answer. I typed a term in google and the FIRST page I went to held the information, near the bottom.

I actually POSTED the surname and then thought better of Ms Dunston's Bank Accounts, so I blipped it out about a minute later. But best of luck to you all.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2004, 12:55:20 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Folks, it's really easy if you don't outsmart yourself.



OK, you were right.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2004, 05:52:33 am »

Prizes have been ordered and should arrive in 3 - 4 business days.  I have specially ordered authentic Polish sweets and treats -- one box of candies and and box of cookies apiece.  I hope you enjoy them thoroughly.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2004, 06:52:31 am »

Polish soul food? It MUST involve apricot jelly, whatcha call 'em, kalachkies?

I hope you didn't send too much cabbage. Mrs Dawg finds it most offensive.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Feb 2: Day of the Large Rodent
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2004, 04:30:55 pm »

No cabbage, just cookies and candy.  Mmmm...cookies and candy.  

That's all I'm saying.  The rest is a suprise.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up