Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Poll

What shoud jldunston's title be?

Fearless Leader
- 1 (7.1%)
Den Mother
- 5 (35.7%)
Warden
- 2 (14.3%)
Harsh Mistress
- 4 (28.6%)
America's Sweetheart
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 04, 2003, 10:48:12 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?  (Read 5146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« on: August 04, 2003, 10:48:12 pm »

I'm tired of being Her Majesty.  It doesn't exactly seem to fit.  I need a new title.  Given the options above, what do you think?  Offer suggestions below.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 11:14:46 pm »

I cast the lone vote for "Harsh Mistress" but I would, wouldn't I?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 11:32:53 pm »

I voted for America's Sweatheart. Den Mother was almost my favorite, but there's just something about the image I don't like.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 11:34:48 pm »

Congrats on making it to the next rank.  I think there are 4 of you with more than 50 posts now?  

I know, I know, off-topic.  ::Slaps self on wrist::
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 02:00:00 am »

The best title is Reagan's anagram: "Insane Anglo Warlord"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 02:13:05 am »

America's Sweetheart, of course: she's adored and admired by the nation, and even when she is horrible or disagreeable, we can not help but go "Awww."

America's Sweethearts are dangerous ladies, for they can do no wrong in the U.S. of A.

Awww.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 03:57:57 am »

What does it say that I voted for "Den Mother" even though I'm quite a bit older than you, JLD?

(Other than "Go to sleep, you need to be on a plane in 9 hours, and the whiskey isn't helping")
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 04:03:45 am »

C'mon, people!  Where are the votes for "Harsh Mistress"?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 10:07:17 am »

Quote from: "jough"
C'mon, people!  Where are the votes for "Harsh Mistress"?


I did. Out of the options it just felt right. Although currently I think you'd fit Harsh Mistress better Jough!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 03:07:12 pm »

Well, if JLD doesn't use it, maybe I'll use it.

Although "Harsh Master" doesn't have the same ring to it.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 04:43:09 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Well, if JLD doesn't use it, maybe I'll use it.

Although "Harsh Master" doesn't have the same ring to it.


I'd say be Harsh Mistress then but I guess it would get frustrating having to explain it to new registrees...Maybe you can have a disclaimer sig!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 01:58:45 pm »

Den Mother it is!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
jldunston: Fearless Leader or Fascist Pigdog?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2003, 06:16:43 pm »

I think we could've gotten another vote for "Harsh Mistress" if you'd left the polls up a little longer.

Oh well, maybe next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up