Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't  (Read 14923 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« on: February 03, 2004, 11:29:06 pm »

frog legs

alligator

people?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 11:32:36 pm »

5 year old otter

Martha Stewart (but we'll have to ask her cellmate)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:09:50 am »

No, people taste like pork.  That's a whole other thread.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 12:30:21 am »

Soylent Green tastes like pork?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 01:36:14 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Soylent Green tastes like pork?


True. Apparently cannibals in the Phillipines really liked Spam when it was introduced by sailors, because it tastes most like human flesh.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 01:45:02 am »

I don't know if this qualifies, but I ate a chicken-flavored imitation meat patty this afternoon for lunch, and it tasted vaguely like chicken.  The breaded coating had more flavor than the "meat," though.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 01:47:49 am »

Quote from: "slink"
True. Apparently cannibals in the Phillipines really liked Spam when it was introduced by sailors, because it tastes most like human flesh.


Hence the slang (does the word "slang" really apply in a scenario like this?) for human flesh, prepared for consumption - long pig. I just report the facts, folks.

Way way back in my online days, I found an interesting textfile that basically detailed the butchery of a human corpse for consumption; like all k-rad anarchy textfiles, it's best to take it with a grain of salt (har har har) but I could see how someone with a sound knowledge of butchery and a copy of Gray's Anatomy could work out the basics without a (how to put this...) test subject.

Let me also take this opportunity to express my undying affection for cargo cults. AIRFIELDS MADE OUT OF BAMBOO

EDIT: what a corker for post 200
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 02:25:29 am »

I assumed that slang, as it were, was to what wombat was referring...  As for Spam being introduced to cannibals, I have a lot of trouble imagining that particular cultural collision.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 02:44:55 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I assumed that slang, as it were, was to what wombat was referring...  As for Spam being introduced to cannibals, I have a lot of trouble imagining that particular cultural collision.


Must I do all the Googling around here?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 02:49:35 am »

Lovely Spam... Perhaps we can make every thread in this forum eventually work its way around to Spam.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 04:01:20 am »

Ah, excellent.  Leave it to Cecil.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 05:55:37 am »

I um, LIKE Spam™.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 06:58:25 am »

I find SPAM* generally inoffensive, too. Even occasionally appetizing, provided I don't eat all that much or that often.

My mom makes a mean SPAMburger.

* The capitalization is to clearly denotate the meat from the bad e-mail. Yes, Hormel has asked people to do this.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 01:09:23 pm »

I can't stand Spam. It just falls into the category of things that are too preprocessed for me to go near.
Canned things, I tend to like to avoid.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 02:04:04 pm »

I like to poke fun at fake vegetarians, you know the ones who eat some meats like giraffe, but not other meats.  Their rationale is that each individual has to draw their own line as to what they will or wont eat.  which is perfectly fine with me, but for some reason they feel the need to be considered vegetarian which they clearly are not.  So I would say that I am a vegetarian too because I don't eat people.  You know, we each have to draw our own line.  It's a personal choice.  I'm still a vegetarian.

But now I find out people taste like SPAM.  I may have to reconsider my vegetarian status.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up