Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Obligatory Dream Thread  (Read 22233 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2004, 04:52:01 pm »

This thread has prompted a similar discussion with my insignificant other about how I haven't had a nightmare since I was about 14 years old.  I never really thought much of it, but I have the similar type of nightmare dreams, except in my dreams *I'm* the antagonist to some faceless human-shaped thing.

Like chasing dreams.  I've had dreams when I was a kid where I was being chased by someone.  Now if I ever have a chasing dream it's me who is chasing someone.

Sometimes I wonder if there's someone on the receiving end, and that I'm actually chasing/murdering/fuck*ng another dreamer (not necessarily in that order or all in the same dream).

I'll leave you all with that thought.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2004, 05:10:01 pm »

I thought Jough had weirded me out as far as possible with his post about dreaming about sex every night.  But I was wrong.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2004, 06:54:17 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I thought Jough had weirded me out as far as possible with his post about dreaming about sex every night.  But I was wrong.


Yea, I'm beginning to think he really needs to change that avatar, since connecting these scary things to that face is just creepy!
Oh wait, yes...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2004, 07:54:50 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
God this thread turned out incredibly interesting and depressing.

Ha, my goal is to make every topic really depressing. In the next Ghetto Chef, I'm going to make a joke about eating babies, tie that into "A Modest Proposal", and finish up with a list of 20th century starvation figures.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2004, 09:09:39 pm »

Toss in some frightening figures about nuclear arms, star-wipe to the hole in the ozone layer, and bam!  It's a wrap!
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2004, 09:58:29 pm »

Wow, this got depressing fast.

I've never really had a chain of recurring dreams, but I have had a series of pseudo-anxiety dreams; typically they're dreams in which I fuck something major up (kill someone/prevent the resurrection of a dead person, lose something valuable) and everyone forgives me and is entirely placid about it. A similar theme has been me being entirely placid about some such thing: "wait, it's finals week and I never even bought any of my textbooks! Ah, it's okay, I think I know most of the material, and I can go to the bookstore if I'm confused."

The one "chase" dream I've had was sort of similar: a group of classmates (not my actual classmates) and I were touring a giant glass skyscraper when we were captured by a serial killer. He very calmly explained everything to us -- he would give us each a Tic-Tac, and then he would kill us -- and we took everything very well until he refused to let me finish my gum before taking the Tic-Tac and dying, at which point I freaked out, attacked him ineffectually, and then ran. The problem was that the entire skyscraper was made of clear glass, so he could see me wherever I ran and could give chase... but somehow I got out scot-free, felt an immense flood of exhilaration and relief, and woke up. It wasn't really a nightmare, even though it should have been, but was just profoundly odd.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2004, 11:20:41 pm »

Let's see, I had a dream fairly recently in which there were two Mexican chain restaurants on either side of a steep hill.  And the staff and customers of each restaurant went back and forth murdering each other, with increasingly gruesome results.  

Towards the end of the dream, a sweet Mexican grandmother cracked my head open, tore out my brains, incorporated them into a tamale, served them to me, and chided me when I told her I wasn't hungry.

The dream, which seemed to go on forever, ended when someone from the other side of the hill crashed a fully loaded semi into the restaurant I was in.

I sometimes see Prince in my dreams, too.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2004, 11:28:49 pm »

Limmo, that sounds like a lovely ballad. You should write it.

A Cannibal, restaurant version of Fist Full of Dollars. I LOVE IT!

This is almost as good an idea as someone I knew had for a Western Movie featuring clowns: Rio Bozo.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2004, 12:14:23 am »

Limmo, you have to submit that dream to slowwave.com.  I want to see it with illustrations!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2004, 12:38:18 am »

That deserves a SlowWave drawing, yeah. Especially the part with the brain tamale.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2004, 07:33:25 pm »

I actually remembered my dream last night.
I was back home in Kentucky, and I went with my brother and sister to this bar. But it was packed, so we decided to go get food. And the rest of the dream was me deciding what place in Louisville I'll eat first when I get home.
Steak and Shake?
Qdoba?
Lynn's Paradise Cafe?
Arslans Kebob?
Man, of course I would have a dream about home, and have it be all about fast food. I am a fat kid at heart.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2004, 08:15:14 pm »

Why, you'd go to Lynn's for breakfast (of course) and then Q-Doba for lunch.  Duh.

I'm just grateful they opened a Q-Doba here in Frankfort.  Now I can have grilled veggie burritos with the habenero salsa for lunch.

What bar were you in?  The Back Door?  The Bambi?  Tewligans?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2004, 08:26:07 pm »

I used to have a hard time remembering my dreams.  I discovered that if you have some kind of Vitamin C before retiring ( juice, supplement, etc. ), I remembered the dreams in great detail.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2004, 08:32:37 pm »

I had a really odd dream when I passed out this afternoon, probably thanks to this thread...
I was sat at home, and there was some bizarrity about youths stealing our car, but we saw it on camera, and it set off an alarm thing, so we watched the police drag them away. So then the police were returning the car to us, only they didn't arrive. Instead, these three cars full of Croatians arrived outside our front door and started to do odd things, removing the door and such. I tried to call the police who said 'your car is back now' to which I said, it wasn't and that people were breaking in, the co just said 'oh' and disappeared. I then couldn't get through to him at all.
At this point I started to ferry people out the back window, and just as I was about to hop out, I woke up thinking 'eeew I'm not enjoying this'. I was scarily aware of it being a dream, though when I woke up it felt real. It was very vivid.

I then went back to sleep and had a dream involving Josh Homme which was far better. Though I woke up before I got to record an album with him!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2004, 09:16:54 pm »

Out of curiosity, how could you tell they were Croatian?
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up