Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Obligatory Dream Thread  (Read 22198 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2004, 09:41:39 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Out of curiosity, how could you tell they were Croatian?


Erm, they had beards!
No, I just seemed to decide in my head in my dream that they were Croatian. I honestly don't know why.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2004, 10:41:40 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
What bar were you in?  The Back Door?  The Bambi?  Tewligans?

God, what's the one way down on Baxter, with a deck and a volleyball court? I've never been in there, but there used to be an abandoned gyroscope (I think; one of those contraptions made up of several circles of steel, in which one stands and is twirled upside down) in the parking lot next door. So, at around 2 in the morning, my friends and I would be in the parking lot, just gyroscoping the hell OUT, and drunk people would stagger out, watch us, and fall down.
We went back one day, and someone had put a chain and lock on the gyroscope, so you couldn't use it. That was a dark day.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2004, 10:53:54 pm »

I had to do a Google search to find out what you meant, but know that I know, I can't think why anyone would EVER abandon one somewhere.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2004, 11:21:50 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I used to have a hard time remembering my dreams.  I discovered that if you have some kind of Vitamin C before retiring ( juice, supplement, etc. ), I remembered the dreams in great detail.


So if I take vitamin C, you will remember your dreams? Cool. I'll do that this evening. We want a full report.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2004, 11:46:09 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Limmo"
I used to have a hard time remembering my dreams.  I discovered that if you have some kind of Vitamin C before retiring ( juice, supplement, etc. ), I remembered the dreams in great detail.


So if I take vitamin C, you will remember your dreams? Cool. I'll do that this evening. We want a full report.


The report will probably read something like this: Fell asleep. Dreamed that I flew to Hawaii, took a cab to AlohaDawg's house, punched him in the face when he answered the door, and then went back to the airport and flew home.  I wonder what that meant?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2004, 02:25:14 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What bar were you in?  The Back Door?  The Bambi?  Tewligans?

God, what's the one way down on Baxter, with a deck and a volleyball court? I've never been in there, but there used to be an abandoned gyroscope (I think; one of those contraptions made up of several circles of steel, in which one stands and is twirled upside down) in the parking lot next door. So, at around 2 in the morning, my friends and I would be in the parking lot, just gyroscoping the hell OUT, and drunk people would stagger out, watch us, and fall down.
We went back one day, and someone had put a chain and lock on the gyroscope, so you couldn't use it. That was a dark day.


Are you talking about The Brewery or The c*ck Thrill?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2004, 02:45:33 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Are you talking about The Brewery or The c*ck Thrill?

......
Well, it sure as hell wasn't the c*ck THRILL, as I would have remembered THAT. I guess the Brewery.
Did you spend a lot of time at the Back Door? I knew a guy who was there almost every night.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2004, 04:01:22 am »

I'm just hoping that the c*ck Thrill and the Backdoor aren't too close together. These sound like some of the clubs on Halsted Street in Chicago. My favorite one was "the ManHole".  Never went in, just always marveled driving past,
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2004, 04:17:49 am »

Re-reading that, those names sound misleadingly suggestive.  The Backdoor is pretty much a neighborhood tavern in the back of a stripmall.  The c*ck Thrill is actually called the Phoenix Hill Tavern, but accuired its nickname because it's a big multilevel dance club where it's each to pick up members of the opposite sex.

And no, I never spent much time at either place.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2004, 06:34:52 am »

Oh oh oh, I just remembered I had an achewood themed dream a few weeks ago.  The details are very vauge now, but it had something to do with a battle or some such.  And there was a barge or large boat that myself, Teodor, and Phillipe were trying to navigate through some treacherous water.  It seems like Ray or Beef maybe was also involved at some level, but I can't remember now.  It was an awesome dream, how come we can't seem to remember them?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2004, 11:29:51 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
God, what's the one way down on Baxter, with a deck and a volleyball court? I've never been in there, but there used to be an abandoned gyroscope (I think; one of those contraptions made up of several circles of steel, in which one stands and is twirled upside down) in the parking lot next door. So, at around 2 in the morning, my friends and I would be in the parking lot, just gyroscoping the hell OUT, and drunk people would stagger out, watch us, and fall down.
We went back one day, and someone had put a chain and lock on the gyroscope, so you couldn't use it. That was a dark day.


When I first read this quickly I thought you were describing another dream.  Are you sure it really happened?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2004, 02:11:22 pm »

Paul: This is the most important question, and hopefully you can remember this one detail: How big were Teodor and Phillippe, especially in terms of relation to you?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2004, 03:03:03 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Paul: This is the most important question, and hopefully you can remember this one detail: How big were Teodor and Phillippe, especially in terms of relation to you?


I think they were human sized.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2004, 03:31:43 pm »

Gross!  




Three dimensions or two?
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Obligatory Dream Thread
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2004, 03:49:45 pm »

And yet another TMBG song get's stuck in my head. (Well, I wilfully changed human size to actual size)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up