Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghetto Chef  (Read 9149 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« on: February 05, 2004, 07:15:49 am »

This is a continuation of the post where I taught everyone about the joys of Oreo Soup. I think this should be the topic for everyone who is confused and bewildered by these hoity-toity "I COOK my food" cats.
So, Ghetto Chef tip #1: If you crack an egg in a container of ramen right after you pour the hot water in, the water will cook the egg, and it will be tasty. Also, if you are doing this for another person, and I mean a very special person, it shows you have class oozing out of your classhole.
Enjoy!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 12:50:11 pm »

Man, that was my fave food before I went all vegan.  I'm the ghettoest.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Ghetto Chef
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 01:03:58 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
If you crack an egg in a container of ramen right after you pour the hot water in, the water will cook the egg, and it will be tasty.


I'd want to all beat the egg then stir it in like erm, oh, you know, that Chinese soup where they do that, which I just love.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 09:38:45 pm »

Mmmmm, ghetto sukiyaki.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 11:23:58 pm »

Ash, that's almost as beautiful as the "Frito Pie" which in my worldview is ghetto food. You get the snack size bag of fritos and open the top, add a ladleful of warm chili (try the canned kind), throw in some meltin' cheese and maybe some green peppers. Spoon it back out and eat. It's good walkin' around food, too.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 12:09:29 am »

Is this the right place to report that I haven't tried the Oreo Soup yet, but  did have the cereal.  Uncannily like Oreos.  Unfortunately I forgot that I always take the cream out of Oreos before I eat them.  I haven't figured out how to take those little specks of cream stuff off all those bits of cereal.  I think it will involve soaking them in a bowl of milk then pouring it off and putting new milk on.  I haven't tried this yet because I suspect it will cause domestic unrest.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 12:15:08 am »

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Providence Rhode Island style:

Prepare one package of Kraft M&C.  Add one can of tuna giraffe.  Add a can of peas if you're feeling ambitious.  Serve.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 12:37:52 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
My version of ambitious would have been adding a can of peas & carrots.


You aristocrat you.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:25:04 am »

Ghetto Chef Tip# 2:
Salsa is actually more than a meal, because you can add it to items that are nominally not a meal, and they will become a meal. For instance:
Rice-not a meal.
Rice WITH SALSA- meal.
Can of tuna- not a meal.
Can of tuna WITH SALSA- meal.
The possibilities of salsa are endless. For instance, I'm sure you know that salsa on egg is delish. But what about salsa on a stale piece of white bread?
STILL GOOD!
Ha, and sadly, I've eaten everything above at one point in the last few months.
Also, I think i've got a tapeworm.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 01:39:08 am »

The really great thing about salsa is that unlike ketchup it really does have to count as eating your vegetables, don't you think?

Irrelevant aside: Duh, I finally figured out that Ghetto Chef's weird screenname must be his address.  I come from an outer borough, but still, I feel like a dope.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 01:53:34 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
The really great thing about salsa is that unlike ketchup it really does have to count as eating your vegetables, don't you think?

Irrelevant aside: Duh, I finally figured out that Ghetto Chef's weird screenname must be his address.  I come from an outer borough, but still, I feel like a dope.


There's a Dumbrella guy who lists his Location as his latitude and longitude so I was thinking it was something like that.

Oh, and rice + tuna = meal too. Especially if either the rice or the tuna is the flavored kind. Saffron rice rice and that new spicy tuna pouch is pretty good.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 02:01:23 am »

Personal favorite: Mac & cheese with little cut-up hot dogs.  I cut up the dogs and put them in with the pasta so I only have to dirty one pot.  Then, after draining the pasta and dogs, I put them back in the same pan, add the cheese sauce (I get the deluxe kind with the Bag O' Cheese), and eat it with a fork right out of the saucepan.  

At least, that's what I did when I was single.  Like Asherdan, marriage has enhanced my culinary skills considerably.  Now I put the Mac and Cheese in a bowl.  

And I buy "lite."  

And don't eat the whole thing myself.  

Yup, that's about it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 02:02:23 am »

Leftover gravy (or gravy from an envelope) on rice. Also good.

Leftover white rice: excellent with milk and sugar in the morning.

Also, pillsbury biscuits are a convenient way to make a pot pie out of anything leftover that has some liquid. Or canned stew like dinty moore.

Class it up by putting the stew in a baking dish and the biscuits on top.

Ghetto Hors d'oeuvres: wrap half hotdogs in pillsbury croissant dough. Get something better than yellow mustard to serve them with, though.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 02:05:25 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Ghetto Hors d'oeuvres: wrap half hotdogs in pillsbury croissant dough. Get something better than yellow mustard to serve them with, though.


I like to slit my hot dogs down the center, and tuck thin slices of procesed, store-brand American cheese inside for gooey delight.  

For true ghetto goodness, buy the store brand crescent rolls and Armour hot dogs.  And, because I'm mentally ill, I like mine dipped in mayonnaise.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 03:13:57 am »

The very concept of mayonnaise makes me feel very sad and icky inside.  I guess I'm not as ghetto as I would like to imagine
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up