Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghetto Chef  (Read 9155 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 03:17:51 am »

Oh my word. All of these things truly scare me, involving tinned vegetables, and instant gravy type things. Both of which I am too picky to eat.
I mean, that kraft thing with tuna, you can make with some cream, some pasta, some tuna, and onions, and then add some peas to. And it makes a fresh and tasty version of it!
Man I just have to cook properly out of survival since I refuse to eat things that scare me, which is a lot!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 11:39:31 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Ghetto Hors d'oeuvres: wrap half hotdogs in pillsbury croissant dough. Get something better than yellow mustard to serve them with, though.


Oh oh oh!  This was my favorite thing when I was a kid!  Oh no, now I have to go eat some.  It will probably give me such a tummyache at my age.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 03:54:22 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
An old favorite of mine:

Prepare ramen in microwave sans seasonings, drain, and add your choice of chili straight from the can. Stir so both the noodles and the chili become lukewarm.

Devour.  Flatuate.

Chili-Spagetti in three minutes!


I used to do something similar with Ragu and Ramen.  3 minute spaghetti!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 03:58:43 pm »

Also, I had a friend in college who would eat Ramen raw.  Just open the package and crunch down.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 04:29:10 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Who's nasty enough to have done that before?


**timidly raises hand**
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 05:01:27 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, I had a friend in college who would eat Ramen raw.  Just open the package and crunch down.


Who's nasty enough to have done that before?

I am. (Me)


Hell, I'd often have to make two packages, because I'd end up eating at least half the first one raw while waiting for the water to boil.  Or while digging out a bowl to microwave it.

My low class meal of choice was usually fried ramen.  Boil and drain noodles.  Throw in pan of hot oil, add soy sauce, seasoning packet and pack of red pepper flakes left over from the last time you could afford pizza.  Add torn up bits of paper-thin Carl Budding meats for extra flavor.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 09:15:10 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Who's nasty enough to have done that before?


Everyone but me in grades... say, 3 through 6.  I wasn't allowed, but sometimes my friends would share.  This was concurrent with the eating-Jello-powder-from-the-box trend.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 09:48:18 pm »

We ate Kool-Aid powder.

A habit I picked up from my mom is keeping out a few noodles to crunch on when I made pasta.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 09:56:10 pm »

How about this one:  

Spaghettio's straight out of the can -- cold.  For an extra special kick, add a little cayenne.

Axually there's a long list of stuff I'll eat right out of the can.  Most vegetables, anchovies, the occasional clam chowder (it's almost vichysoisse-like).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 10:36:29 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
The very concept of mayonnaise makes me feel very sad and icky inside.  I guess I'm not as ghetto as I would like to imagine

The best thing- in the South, where we like to live dangerously, I know people who don't refrigerate mayonnaise. Technically (I read on the Straight Dope or something), you don't HAVE to refrigerate mayonnaise, just don't let it sit out open in the warm air. But when I've got mayonnaise, bet your ass it'll be kept pretty chilly.
Last night, made Oreo soup again. And, if you like Ore-O's, the cereal, you must eat these, they are the sex to Ore-O's masturbation. And, because the person I was with doesn't drink milik with anything, I ended up chugging about half a quart of skim out of the carton. I'll bet there's a special level of hell for people like me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 11:18:44 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I'll bet there's a special level of hell for people like me.


Well, I ain't arguin'.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 11:06:20 pm »

When I was a kid, we used to make the classic ghetto sandwich - two slices of bread, mayo, and catsup. Delicious and filling!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 07:41:01 pm »

I prefer the Poor Man's Burrito.  Salsa on a tortilla.  Maybe with cheese if you've got it, 'waved for 30 seconds.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 09:45:16 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I prefer the Poor Man's Burrito.  Salsa on a tortilla.  Maybe with cheese if you've got it, 'waved for 30 seconds.


My version: Salsa, cheese & Carl Buddig lunchmeat on tortilla.  Nuke 'n' go.  I'm a fancy-guy like that.

My dad makes ghetto quesadillas like that. They're pretty tasty for being totally ghetto.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ghetto Chef
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 09:51:39 pm »

The ghetto-est food I can think of that I eat is Triscuits with squeeze pizza sauce and the powdery parm nuked for like 25 seconds.

Splattery and delicious.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up