Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: happy birthday JLDunston Thread  (Read 13024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« on: February 06, 2004, 04:01:10 pm »


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

V-Adore

  • Guest
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 04:16:25 pm »

Happy birthday to our glorious mod!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 04:26:34 pm »

Thank you, thank you.  As some of you know, I've begun the elaborate chain of phone calls Pedro so cleverly set up, and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your sweet little voices.  So far, I've talked to Doomie (doomie, doom doom doom) and Paul (I hope they don't whip you too badly, Paul).  

You guys are too awesome.  

Almost as awesome as walking into my bathroom this morning and finding a gift on top of the toilet.  No, not from Pedro -- from my best girlfriend.  It was a leopard print toilet seat cover.  Yes.  It zips on.  

Pics to come.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 05:13:23 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
It was a leopard print toilet seat cover.  Yes.  It zips on.  

Pics to come.


With a little luck, this will be the most disturbing thing I hear today.

Happy birthday, though.  Hope that the jungle-themed bathroom accessory is an omen of a wonderful you day.  If you like that sort of thing...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 05:27:06 pm »

Happy Birthday to the woman who is known around our house as "Number Two."

It's a compliment, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 05:28:28 pm »

Allright, I'll bite.  

Why number two?

I just had a lovely conversation with AugustWest, and resisted the temptation (with very little help from Mr. West, I might add) to let him tell me how he did on Jeopardy!  

Who's next?  I don't even know!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 05:33:12 pm »

Bozack!  I got your voicemail!  But I couldn't remember my phone number!  So I'll call you back!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 05:35:53 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Almost as awesome as walking into my bathroom this morning and finding a gift on top of the toilet.  No, not from Pedro -- from my best girlfriend.  It was a leopard print toilet seat cover.  Yes.  It zips on.  

Pics to come.


Did anybody else completely mis-read the word "pics" the first time?

Also, happy escape from the tyrrannical womb day
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 05:36:11 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Allright, I'll bite.  

Why number two?



Well, look at the memberlist.  But it only really makes sense if you were a fan of The Prisoner.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:40:34 pm »

Oh wow!  I really hope I'm number 6.

Goin' to check...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 05:42:09 pm »

DAMMIT!!!  I'm 8.

Hey Jough, couldn't you delete a couple of those guys ahead of me?  The ones with less then 10 posts?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 05:51:52 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Allright, I'll bite.  

Why number two?



Well, look at the memberlist.  But it only really makes sense if you were a fan of The Prisoner.


Ah, I see.  

It would've been number one if I were hosting this board in my own webspace.  Then y'all could have pretended to be Jean-Luc Picard whenever you mention me.

"Make it so, number one."  

I'm off to spend the day with the woman what birthed me.  But fear not!  I'll be taking Pedro's cell phone and will continue to call random people at the times indicated on these cute little envelopes here.  Apparently, Mom's in on the whole thing.  So if you pick up the phone and hear a girl giggling uncontrollably, it's because I'm getting a pedicure and it tickles.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 06:15:53 pm »

Bah, and here I spent so much time working out my class schedule and entirely forgot to e-mail Pedro back! Bah, bah, bah. Well, there's always a raincheck.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 06:53:47 pm »

Happy happy, JL!

Hope your chats with the folks all go as well as ours should have - you can ask Pedro for my excuse.

Lots of fanboi* admiration to you!


* oh my god did i just type "fanboi?" what's wrong with me?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 06:57:20 pm »

Happy Birthday, JL.  Consider this twenty-*cough* whacks on your bare bottom *.

And one to grow on.






* Philly tradition.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up