Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: happy birthday JLDunston Thread  (Read 13036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2004, 09:49:48 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm confused from earlier: how can it possibly take 'most of an evening' to get a mohawk??

When you're using a beard trimmer that you keep having to recharge for an hour for 5 minutes of trimmin'.
Yeah, it's definitely one of those hair cuts that looks good from certain angles. From the side: good. From the front, I look like Zippy or something.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2004, 10:59:48 pm »

I'm back to work today, so I don't have an incredible amount of time to post.  I just wanted to thank everybody who participated in the unfortunately named Project: Tetsuo.  You're all neat people, and Jamie had a great time talking to you.  I know this because she hates talking on the phone and she would talk for a half hour at a time (excepting those times where external forces forced the conversation to be cut short).  You guys really are neat, and I'm so glad it turned out well.  There will be pictures posted some time soon, and possibly video of JL drunk, but I don't know if I trust the intarweb with all that.

As for those who didn't get the chance to talk to JL, I really apologize.  I had a very limited amount of time to send out phone number requests.  I really didn't mean to leave anyone out, but it's hard to keep up with who all has been posting recently and who has faded out for a time.  If you'd like to talk, by all means send your number and JL will gab atcha for an hour and a half.

For anyone who wants to talk to me, I can only be reached at 1-900-deep-dikn.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2004, 11:41:02 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
For anyone who wants to talk to me, I can only be reached at 1-900-deep-dikn.


You've still got that preferred customer discount going on, right? Because I'm not paying another ten bucks to renew my club card, free newsletter be damned.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2004, 03:52:36 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Jamie had a great time talking to you.  I know this because she hates talking on the phone and she would talk for a half hour at a time (excepting those times where external forces forced the conversation to be cut short).

Yeah, way to throw a surprise party in the middle of my conversation. I feel the love . . . and it's very cold and prickly
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2004, 04:58:22 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Yeah, way to throw a surprise party in the middle of my conversation. I feel the love . . . and it's very cold and prickly


That was my fault.  I was late to my own party, and was supposed to call you half an hour in to the festivites instead of en route to them.  I was so engrossed in our conversation that I didn't even hear my mother's entreaties for me to finish my conversation before I went in the house...anyway, in response to your question, the answer is 228.  The further up you go, the farther spaced they are.  

V, Choop, and Nabubrush, if you're up for it, I'm willing to give rainchecks.  PM me your info and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Tomorrow, when I'm less groggy, cleaner, and more coherent, I'll tell you the whole grand story of my 52-hour birthday celebration.  For now I'll just summarize by telling you that the last party guests left at 7 PM this evening and I will probably spend the rest of my life trying to do something half as cool for Pedro.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2004, 05:09:45 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Yeah, way to throw a surprise party in the middle of my conversation. I feel the love . . . and it's very cold and prickly


Dude, I am totally sorry.  But really, your pain pales in comparison to ferocious j who got called in the middle of his commute after he had expressly requested that I hold off the call until later when he would be in a better mood and be able to enjoy the conversation.

I'm sorry Cort.  And, J, next time I'm drinkin' a foty, there be some poured out for you.  See you at the crossroads, man.

*sniff*
No more discounts, Zartan.  Your hyper-colored ass pays full price here on out.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2004, 05:22:19 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
...my 52-hour birthday celebration...


Holy dang, even the fuck*ng Starchild from 2001 didn't take that long to hatch. This is the sort of hubristic (note: may not actually be a word) revelry that the gods used to punish with lightning and poison and inconvenient pregnancy, way back in the days of togas and buggery and over-enthusiastic geometry. These days, the gods just wander into fast food restaurants with sub-machine guns, their fingers crossed.

YOU WIN THIS ROUND

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso, Apparently Some Sort Of Phone Sex Big Shot"
No more discounts, Zartan. Your hyper-colored ass pays full price here on out.


FAME HAS RUINED YOU

(Edit: I had some commas flown in from my supplier in Buenos Aires)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2004, 07:17:25 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

V, Choop, and Nabubrush, if you're up for it, I'm willing to give rainchecks.  PM me your info and I'll see what I can do.


You know, for me, it's the thought that counts - I really appreciate it. However, I have about a week before I go back to work, and then when I come home (two weeks later) I will have to sort of Scramble(s the dog) to get everything finished for the move. Maybe after I get settled?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2004, 09:18:19 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
FAME HAS RUINED YOU

Hey, man. Nobody ever called Pedro Picasso an asshole.
(cue Modern Lovers)
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2004, 09:34:34 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "jldunston"

V, Choop, and Nabubrush, if you're up for it, I'm willing to give rainchecks.  PM me your info and I'll see what I can do.


You know, for me, it's the thought that counts - I really appreciate it. However, I have about a week before I go back to work, and then when I come home (two weeks later) I will have to sort of Scramble(s the dog) to get everything finished for the move. Maybe after I get settled?


Sure thing.  Let us know.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2004, 05:15:39 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
FAME HAS RUINED YOU

Hey, man. Nobody ever called Pedro Picasso an asshole.
(cue Modern Lovers)


Yeah, but have you heard about the artist, Vincent VanGogh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2004, 05:44:18 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Yeah, but have you heard about the artist, Vincent VanGogh?

Well, I do know that you step on Degas to make the Van Gogh! HAHAHAHAH!
Sometimes I cry.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
duh
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2004, 08:34:13 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Allright, I'll bite.  

Why number two?


WELL, number 1 is peepee, so by process of elimination...
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2004, 08:35:01 pm »

oh I forgot to add the smily face so you would know I was kidding.
0 0
\_/
Logged
[expletive deleted]

V-Adore

  • Guest
happy birthday JLDunston Thread
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2004, 09:27:09 pm »

I sure as hell hope the "process of elimination" pun was intentional, Doomer.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up