Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9  (Read 4398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« on: February 09, 2004, 04:04:08 pm »

I'm sure the real reason is mundane as can be  (e.g. something on the order of severe hangover or terminal malaise), but I with the lack of a strip I'm feeling entertainment deprived.  Therefore I have engaged in speculation regarding why no strip today.

I think the ink weevils have drunk all Onstad's ink.  It's a special sort of orthopedic ink that he has flown in from Paraguay and he can't obtain a replacement supply by air express until tomorrow.

Either that or Onstad got too emotionally involved in the Grammys and is spending the day humming "Hey Ya" to himself and rocking quietly back and forth in his favorite hidden corner of the laundry room.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 04:27:27 pm »

He's obviously back at the docks. You know, once you've put out that red light, you can't ever really take it back in.

Either that, or he's selling his kidney because the Bee Philippe shirts didn't sell as well as anticipated and he's got some Mafia goons to pay off.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 04:33:18 pm »

Duh, guys.  He's still hung over from celebrating my birthday!  

Or else he's observing Black Friday from last year -- the first time the Dumbrella board blew up (which happened to be Feb. 6).  

Old-timers, represent!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 04:42:50 pm »

Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 05:30:25 pm »

I think it would be more fun if you spent most of the day being hella selective and just picking it to pieces before you actually cleaned house and wiped it clean.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 05:31:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.


Kinda how I felt regarding this. Have we gone so far as to have to speculate?

But then I'm just feeling extra morose today, so don't mind me.

At elast this way I can hold out, snipe bid like on eBay and get no.6.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 05:40:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Later today I'm going to delete all of the posts and members and start the board anew.

How very old testament.

Then the JOUGH saw that the wickedness of man was great in the messageboard, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And the JOUGH was sorry that He had made man on the messageboard, and He was grieved in His heart.
So the JOUGH said, "I will destroy the messageboard, whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."

For our Jough is a jealous Jough, who visiteth iniquity unto the fifth generation.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 06:04:59 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
For our Jough is a jealous Jough, who visiteth iniquity unto the fifth generation.


You...are...rad!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 06:15:14 pm »

It's OK.  I've already atoned for all your sins.  

That was one hell of a hangover.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 06:16:16 pm »

Well if Slink gets #6 then I'm going to hold off signing up for the new board just a tiny bit longer this time so I can get member number 42 and be the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

But if we do this for Feb 9 how will we commemorate August 31st?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 06:41:40 pm »

What happened on August 31st?

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Re: Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Either that or Onstad got too emotionally involved in the Grammys and is spending the day humming "Hey Ya" to himself and rocking quietly back and forth in his favorite hidden corner of the laundry room.


i love this idea.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2004, 07:10:55 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
What happened on August 31st?


Oh, I meant July 31st.... which is an awful lot like August 1st... which you then smush together and... oh never mind.

You know how in fiction when someone hits their head or something the doctor always asks them the date to see if they are mentally deranged?  I am always afraid of this happening to me, because I never know the date even when in fullish command of my faculties.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 07:30:26 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

You know how in fiction when someone hits their head or something the doctor always asks them the date to see if they are mentally deranged?  


Yes but at least this way you get plunged into a world of unanswerable questions and weird goings on, trying desperately to find out who and where you are. If you're likely, trying to find out why you're when you are! That being the most fun.

I have dreamed of this.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

spudboy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Speculate on why no Achewood today -- 2/9
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2004, 10:39:07 pm »

Jeez oh man. You got tight security up in here. Thought I would be able just to drop a quick note, but then I got to register and validate my account.
I've forgotten what I wanted to say now,

almost

1. Y'all have got me feeling nostalgic about the old Dumbrella board. I loved the stepfatherly way that Onstad kept order (thinkin DeNiro in This Boys Life). Not that I was a regular poster. I just stayed in my room to avoid the inevitable whuppings.

2. Nobody is saying how hilarious today's strip is. Maybe you guys have all the strips memorized and you weren't hit as hard as I was by the illness of LINCOLN's rhymes. But I laughed just as hard as the first time, maybe harder.

When I raise the roof
My paperwork's in order
I always tell the county
Before I mix my mortar

Peace Out
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up