Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform  (Read 3425 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« on: February 11, 2004, 01:26:18 pm »

Toy Story might be though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 01:40:17 pm »

Good call, Ray.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 01:49:30 pm »

Dammit...  I was pulling for Lyle.  

Well, at least Sex Funeral can play at the inauguration.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 02:43:34 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Dammit...  I was pulling for Lyle.  

Well, at least Sex Funeral can play at the inauguration.


Vote Philippe/Lyle in '04 . . . or I'll Kick Your Teeth In!
Logged

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 02:51:21 pm »

Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 03:24:17 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.

I'm guessing the winner of Ye Olde Giganticke Dog Showwe.

Anyway, as much as I would have liked to see the Lyle/Philippe ticket, Teodor probably has greater overall appeal. Although I'm not so sure about the "Finding Nemo" ticket being that big a failure...

Best part of this strip: Teodor's diversion tactics. BUBBLES POPPING
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 05:08:21 pm »

Wait, so what does happen when you spray 409 on a hot stove?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 05:15:59 pm »

I enjoyed that Teodor is just leaning on his putter, spends the one panel considering it, and is all "I'm a little busy" after weighing the pros and cons of Ray being on the other end of the line. He clearly knows that just about no good can come of anything Ray proposes, but then perhaps the one thing that could draw him in - "We want you on the ticket in 2004."

Is this an ironic comment on the Republican party's actual ticket?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 06:11:05 pm »

More like the Democrat's actual ticket.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 06:29:40 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Lane"
Who is Josh the Newfoundland?  It would appear that he brought strong sack.

I'm guessing the winner of Ye Olde Giganticke Dog Showwe.


Ah, so 'tis.  Thanks.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 07:58:43 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
More like the Democrat's actual ticket.


Well, not to get into the politics of the thing, but I don't think the Dems have a ticket yet. I meant in that to some people, Cheney seems a little more aware than his running mate, and yet he's the VP (cue conspiracy theory).

Unrelated factoid: I used to work for Dick Cheney.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 09:14:37 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Unrelated factoid: I used to work for Dick Cheney.


Have you finished removing the scales yet?

And now I see what you meant by 'I make oil'. You just meant you worked for Halliburton!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:45:52 pm »

Yes, I worked for Halliburton - and it was by far the worst job I ever had. This from a person who has worked on a floating processor gutting cod, has been a cook at Denny's, and has worked extensively in politics (as both volunteer and paid employee).

Now I fix oil wells so they can be put back on production - indeed, to produce more oil. "I make oil" is sort of just a catch-phrase, becuase like any other business, there are folks who actually produce the good or service, or what-have-you, and there are fringe employees who do other things.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 10:50:54 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Yes, I worked for Halliburton - and it was by far the worst job I ever had.


Oh my! You should have just seen the look on my face!
Scary stuff.
Did you get some sort of deal to get your soul back?

Ah but seriously. Ouch!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
2/11/04 Little Nemo not a strong enough platform
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 11:00:17 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Did you get some sort of deal to get your soul back?


I was an underling, and management's position on underlings was that we had no souls. We were kind of the kobolds of the company.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up