Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you a fan of Bloom County?  (Read 5984 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« on: February 11, 2004, 07:56:21 pm »

OK, I'm not sure where I ought to put this thread, so move it if you'd like. You probably know that I am moving; information about it has shown up in various places. Here's the deal: I have a stuffed Opus that is wearing a mortarboard. I've had him for about 18 years, and have schlepped him all over the place. I feel like giving him a nice home. I don't want to take him to a thrift store, and I also don't want to give him to a niece or nephew because they'd probably destroy him, wouldn't really relate to Bloom County, and wouldn't have any connection to the mortarboard, at least not for some 15 years or so. If anyone is interested in this, I would gladly send it off to you.

It would be nice to send him to someone who really likes Bloom County, and even more nice to send him to someone who is graduating soon or has recently graduated, so serious inquiries only pls thx.

Also, nude photos will not aid your cause.

Oh Hell, who am I kidding.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 08:58:34 pm »

I have always had a soft spot for penguins in trouble, and thus I'm willing to take him in. If it matters, I'm between graduations at the moment -- a year and a half past one, two and a half years from the next -- or could pass him along to my father, who recently got his Ph.D.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 10:12:40 pm »

I already have more plush animals than I ever thought possible, thanks to my one-year-old.  OK, well, maybe I bought her a lot of those.  Er, before she was born.  Some maybe years before she was born.  But still.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 10:47:23 pm »

Well, I'll let everybody have a bit of a chance to read this thread, and then we'll see what happens.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 02:23:56 am »

I'm a big fan of Bloom County, but I already have a little graduating Opus plush.

I hope you find a good home for yours.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 06:03:58 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I already have a little graduating Opus plush.


The way you said this, I don't know, it sounds like it's a staple of every household.  "Oh yes, of course I have a little graduating Opus plush.  Dad bought it for me back in '93.  Really, I don't know how I got along without it."  

I wish I were close enough to getting my M.A. to request it, but I've barely scratched the surface of post-Bachelor's study, so I feel unworthy.  I've got at least another three years.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 06:30:39 pm »

I suggest sending it to the next person who will be graduating from anything.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 06:45:25 pm »

I'm thinking that might be a good idea, Dawg. However, perhaps a caveat: the person needs to have at least 50 posts, to weed out the dilletantes. It'll probably be V-Adore, what with the numerous graduations just past and upcoming.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 08:38:45 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I suggest sending it to the next person who will be graduating from anything.


So I finally get to throw away these pullups and I get NOTHING???

I have a plan for the penguin.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 09:26:35 pm »

Graduating high school (how embarassing)in June, but not an Opus fan- give it to V or whoever.


Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 09:48:00 pm »

I feel vaguely nervous about the fact that AlohaDawg has a plan. Oh, no, not a "plan!" Will I have to submit a "project report?"

(I suppose I could find a way to integrate this all into my Grand Plan to Terrify My Roommate And Convince Her That I Have Legions Of Sketchy Male Friends. I'll have to carefully hook it into the current primary element of the plan, "friend from the Yukon calls and screams like Dani Filth into the phone.")
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 09:55:23 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Graduating high school (how embarassing)in June,


Why is this embarrassing?  Wouldn't NOT graduating be more embarrassing?  Surely you aren't ashamed of your youth.  That's nothing to be embarrassed about!  Wish I was 18 again.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 09:57:27 pm »

Yeah, high school sucked, but it'd be fun to be just *graduating* high school again.  No responsibilities, getting drunk and laid all the time, partying with my band...

Fuck.  Now I'm all feeling old and stuff.

Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 11:25:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
. . . getting drunk and laid all the time . . .

Well, at least you are having a lot of sex in your dreams. I don't even get that - it's all being chased by cultists and shit for me.

Also: I'm going back to work on Wednesday (long, extremely aggravating story) so I'd like to get it out on Monday if possible. I will continue to check in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 11:26:47 pm »

Jough, if it makes you feel any better, I can help you dispose of those cumbersome rosy glasses... doncha remember not being able to get the car, having acne, furtive pot-smoking in the garage, and crushing selfconsciousness.  Now that is the spirit of high school.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up