Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you a fan of Bloom County?  (Read 5989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 12:02:49 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.

Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 12:24:48 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.

Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.


This is disturbing in several ways.

I have submitted a plan to Nabubrush. It's up to him to dispose of his penguin as he pleases but I think this could be the start of something tear-jerkingly beautiful. And shit.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 12:35:36 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.

Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.


This is disturbing in several ways.

I have submitted a plan to Nabubrush. It's up to him to dispose of his penguin as he pleases but I think this could be the start of something tear-jerkingly beautiful. And shit.


I'm planning on signing off on this plan as soon as my battery of lawyers vet it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 02:12:06 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Just needed to assert myself as the true graduator of the board.

Ha, I graduate from fake internet high school in MAY. A full MONTH before you graduate from, umm...real high school.


With any luck, I should be finishing grad school in June.  Maybe.  But I don't think that makes me a true graduator.

Quote from: "Jough"
Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?


That depends on how long you plan to live?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 04:17:06 am »

Heyy, I'm in some fake internet high school classes too.  Word up.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 04:53:44 am »

OK, so the plan is set in tapioca - so watch for an upcoming place to be determined to find out what the hell is going on. How's that for some solid information you can bank on?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 06:05:18 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Jough, if it makes you feel any better, I can help you dispose of those cumbersome rosy glasses... doncha remember not being able to get the car, having acne, furtive pot-smoking in the garage, and crushing selfconsciousness.  Now that is the spirit of high school.


I don't get the car as it is (impending blindness kinda takes the fun out of driving).  And I never really smoked pot, furtively or otherwise.  And I don't think you ever outgrow the crushing self-consiousness, if you have it now.  

But then again, I've never been very self-conscious, crushing or otherwise.  Self-aware, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2004, 07:05:03 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Heyy, I'm in some fake internet high school classes too.  Word up.

Ha, word up to fake school. The best thing: I'm the only National Merit Finalist in my fake internet school, so they're doing an article on me, and what I've been doing this year, to put up on the website and show to prospective students. And I'm supposed to send a picture. So it's going to look something like this:
MORON WINS AWARD
INTERVIEWER: So, Mark, what have you been doing this yeah, instead of attending a normal high school?
MARK: Well, I got a job at a record store. I've been sleeping until noon, recently. Oh, and drinking pretty heavily.
I:....Drinking.
M: Yeah. Oh, also, internet pornography.
I:....Did you...get into college?
M: Well, YEAH, but that was like a week. Internet porn, though...that's forever.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2004, 03:48:03 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
All sorts of awesomeness about sleeping until noon and Internet pornography

Man, and to think of how anal I was my senior year of high school. I seriously contemplating taking a second semester of the Worst Physics Class Known to Man because, well, if I didn't, maybe I WOULDN'T GET INTO COLLEGE AND I'D HAVE TO GO TO UNL AND JESUS GOD SAVE ME MUST WORK HARDER MUST EXPLODE FROM OVERWORK

(I dropped Physics and took Advanced Wood Shop instead. I got into Williams, and I have a chair.)

Of course, in college, I'm sleeping as long as I can manage ("... hey, 8:40. Class starts at 9. We're good to go!") and collecting MP3s in between marathon roleplaying sessions and getting into passive-aggressive arguments with my roommate. This is the life!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2004, 09:03:50 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Of course, in college, I'm sleeping as long as I can manage ("... hey, 8:40. Class starts at 9. We're good to go!") and collecting MP3s in between marathon roleplaying sessions and getting into passive-aggressive arguments with my roommate. This is the life!


it does not get any better than that ever.


Quote from: "jough"

Is it right to have a mid-life crisis just before you turn 30?


i hope so.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Are you a fan of Bloom County?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 12:16:00 am »

I would add that it is especially appropriate to have a midlife crisis before thirty if you don't figure on living past 58 or so.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up