Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Friday the 13th!  (Read 4595 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Friday the 13th!
« on: February 13, 2004, 06:03:34 pm »

Mosty I'm adding this thread so that the lounge is not so lonely.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 06:19:28 pm »

If only it was a full moon. I know there's at least one of these a year but do we have any more coming up?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 06:24:00 pm »

I wish I was beginning my trip today, all wearing my "It is impossible to have a good day" shirt, so I could promptly crash into a bus full of nuns and children. Differently-abled children, at that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 09:00:18 pm »

I hadn't even thought of it being Friday the 13th.  Maybe that's why my day sux teh coq so badly.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 09:42:46 pm »

It was not a good day.
I almost wore my Special Boy shirt today, thereby ensuring a Very Good Day, but opted for my very 80s "100% Canadian Dad Eh" shirt, and spent my day sleeping on the library floor.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 11:45:43 pm »

Sum achievements of the day:

* Listened to a lecture on the infeasibility of "The Bell Curve." Reasonable.
* Spent my Japanese class realizing that winter break made me forget all my kanji. Far suboptimal.
* Came home, futzed around with HTML and such. All fine.
* Went to dinner an hour late, was hungry enough to be in physical pain, attempted to kill The Asshole with sheer hate emanating from my mind, failed. Eh.

Now I am no longer hungry and have caffeine. Things are looking up.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 11:48:33 pm »

I wore a Dave Matthews t-shirt that appeared at my house after a party (I hate dave matthews) and a pair of gray sweat#####, and spent the day going through all three desks and various nooks in order to centralize our office supplies.  

Yes.  

See?  

And tonight, I'm hosting the friends who hooked up at my party last weekend (yay!) for morrocan food, which I'm cooking for the first time ever.  I'll let you know.  We're going to eat lamb and couscous, then play card games, and maybe watch Casablanca.  All in all, a very nice Friday-the-13th-before-Valentine's-Day.  

Tomorrow night: a candlelit dinner for two.  Followed by...well, you know.  

(Ice cream.  What?)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 12:12:57 am »

Today I woke up, walked downtown with my brother for a ways, met a friend across town, somehow walked down 30 blocks while crossing Central Park, came back to the apartment, had a Boddington's. In a few minutes, I leave to go see Cat Power.
All is good with the world.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 01:11:39 am »

Packed. Cleaned. Talked to landlord. Attempted to re-book several flights to and from AK for work due to the fact that some slug pinhead office employee screwed up the charter so we lost all our flights. Had no luck in fixing them. Looked forward to the fact that I will be responsible for all fees and additional costs of changing said flights. Went to pawn shop; purchased handgun.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 01:42:46 am »

Got in late from band practice, where I overdubbed a bass part on Jon and Brett's song "David Lee Roth's Chest Hair."  Just drifted off to sleep when Dree went ballistic from teething pain.  Helped her get back down.

Woke up too early, fed Dree.  Spent most of the day doing mundane company business and researching retirement investment options for Mom.  Said goodbye to Dad, who's going to Chile.  Paid bills.  Bought fruit and vegetables for Dree and chicken for Laura.  Forgot to buy ingredients for my patented White Trash Artichoke Dip, which has been requested for Bridget's going-back-to-Minnesota party tomorrow.  Guess I'll be going to Ralph's later.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 02:15:20 am »

Got over a migrainey episode only to feel like I am coming down with a cold.  Am hoping I will wake up tomorrow and discover that the pain in my throat was just Friday the 13th and has disappeared.

The Kitchen needs a recipe for White Trash Artichoke Dip posted, I am sure.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 03:27:30 am »

Got to work late.  Spent most of the morning (and the afternoon) on the phone trying to negotiate a compromise position between HVAC contractors and electricians on a bill I'm trying to get through the legislature.  Drafted yet more language.  Talked on phone to legislators.  Placated boss.

Had lunch at Chinese Buffet for the first time in a month, but limited myself to soup, egg foo yung and non-deep fried meats.

Worked more.  Made more phone calls.  Explained for the 10,000th time why license cards have not yet been mailed.  Called more legislators.  Caught the last 15 minutes of the Simpsons with Sideshow Bob and his brother Cecil (Sess-ill).  Went to Kroger for salad fixin's.  Stopped at Hallmark store for Valentines for wife and daughters.  Came home.

Had dinner -- pork chop and a salad.  Both were tasty.  Wife is taking the night off.  Went to Lowes to look for paint for the kitchen and both the upstairs and downstairs hallways.  Went to K-Mart for the hell of it.  Consider the selection of B-vitamins available.  Did not purchase any.

Came home.  Logged on.  Spewed forth re: day.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 03:50:30 am »

Finally got flights figured out. Was charged only $150. Put handgun away.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 04:15:21 am »

I arrived back at the office this morning after two days of training and found that both of my bosses were absent.  Double plus good.  Where were they?  What, i'm gonna ask like I fuckin' care?  I did find out that they will be MIA for an entire week!!!  Glory Hallelujah.  After work I went to the MFA and saw Fritz Lang's awesome M.  Just got in and am having a little leftover indian food and am going to get to bed early.  If that's bad luck let it be Friday 13th. everyday.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Happy Friday the 13th!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 04:34:23 am »

(thanks jough!)

Arose early to take the missus to work for a change. Coffee machine didn't work. Serious bummer. Dressed, left. Traffic? Light. All good. Stopped for breves at the coffee shop. Good. Arrived at work late. Meh. Analyzed data all day instead of actual programming. Bore. Lunch at a sweet new spot. Great. More data analysis, less programming. Double bore. Cut out of the office early. Woohoo. Dinner with friends at a nice place, then drinks elsewhere. Beautiful. Picked up $75 in alcohol on the way home. Prepared.

All in all, a great Friday the 13th.

Wombat, do you need a White Trash Artichoke Dip recipe? I've got one.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up