Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your favorite squishy object?  (Read 9397 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2003, 03:33:44 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

... wow. Just... wow. I was about to ask whether this gift was given while you were dating or afterwards, but honestly, I'm not sure which is the worse option.


Well, I'd been about to succeed it with mentioning it was just in like, the first few weeks of our relationship too. She'd had to go away on this like, theatrey course thing for a week and came back with that. I mean she'd written to me a few times while there and we spoke on the phone so that wasn't it but you know!
Hell though, it was a hugely flawed relationship from the start!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2003, 04:25:25 am »

Okay, I think slink wins. "Having your girlfriend, in the bright new beginning of a relationship, give you a Water Weenie as a gift" may well be the saddest thing. Or at least the most pitiful thing.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2003, 05:35:35 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Okay, I think slink wins. "Having your girlfriend, in the bright new beginning of a relationship, give you a Water Weenie as a gift" may well be the saddest thing. Or at least the most pitiful thing.


Takes a bow! The starts to weep like Phillippe when told what the saddest thing is.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2003, 01:45:44 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I thought a Water Weenie was when you filled up one of the long, skinny balloons with water and attached a little plastic sprayer on the end, creating a poor mans squirt gun.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2003, 02:57:16 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I thought a Water Weenie was when you filled up one of the long, skinny balloons with water and attached a little plastic sprayer on the end, creating a poor mans squirt gun.

That's the first I've heard of this idea, but I like it. For those days when you don't want to deal with those Super Soaker 3000x Xyber-Power monstrosities...

(The Official Unofficial Achewood MB: giving you summer fun tips right into August!)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 07:11:17 am »

The BEST Poor Man's Squirt Gun is some rubber tubing, like from a lab - or the kind we used to use as tourniquets when we did blood screenings in the field...any decent pressure water source would fill those things to ungodly high pressure and they wouldn't break. Awesome.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2003, 07:43:43 pm »

Wet Willies?  Havent heard the term, but it hardly surprises me.

Oh man.... most.  phallic.   things.   ever.

Talk about giving me an unwanted laughing fit when I was in a potentially significant situation aged sixteen or so.  Hated them ever since.  *blush blush*
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2003, 08:51:08 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've also heard those tubular, fluid filled thingies called Water Weenies which is even more disturbing than Wet Willies I think.


I, too, have always known them by the name "Water Weenie."  Oddly enough, recently I acidentally put a hole in my Water Weenie (from Archie McPhee, the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle) by seeting it on top of a "Here Comes A Special Girl" pin.

Hmm.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2003, 10:26:05 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Archie McPhee, the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle)
Hmm.


OMG.  I want a Moses action figure:

http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11089.html

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2003, 10:27:42 pm »

That reminds me, one of my other favorite squishy things was from Archie McPhee: gooey glow eyes. They glow, they're sticky, and if you throw them at the wall they spread out really thin, reform, and roll down the wall. Unless it's stucco, then they just stick and leave a stain.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2003, 12:21:45 am »

Quote
I, too, have always known them by the name "Water Weenie." Oddly enough, recently I acidentally put a hole in my Water Weenie (from Archie McPhee, the bestest place on earth, or at least in Seattle) by seeting it on top of a "Here Comes A Special Girl" pin.


I, too, have been in that place where a so called 'Special Girl' came along and destroyed my 'Weenie.

I grieve for you. And your Weenie.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 07:47:18 am »

Wow, Archie McPhee... I forgot those guys even existed.  It saddens me that they don't stock the Bibo alarm clocks anymore (anyone else remember those?), but then I already knew that, seeing how my mom ordered the very last one in their warehouse for me for Christmas one year.  At least they still have Martian Popping Things.

Also, Water Weenies.  I remember those from middle school.  A dude in my math class was hitting on a girl I liked and let her play with his (water) weenie he had brought with him to school.  Disgruntled, I went to the store that afternoon and bought two weenies of an even greater circumference for myself.  She wanted nothing to do with them.  I guess I just let that one slip through my hands.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 08:04:54 am »

this guy I know (and now hate) used to always complain about his breaking. I was really uncomfortable with this, as it was pretty obvious to me how he was breaking them. He kept buying more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 03:57:03 pm »

Felix is reading the archives.  That's neat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What's your favorite squishy object?
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 08:20:30 pm »

I had totally forgotten this thread existed.

Carry on!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up