Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble  (Read 11037 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« on: February 14, 2004, 06:03:48 pm »

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you with somebody hot lying around to buy you things today.

To all the rest of us - I'm hanging out at the (in)famous Claremont Lounge here in Atlanta tonight, if anybody's interested. I figure it's the second best way to spend a V-Day. Though last year wasn't a bad plan either: rounding up all my single friends to watch Crossroads, starring Britney Spears.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 06:24:57 pm »

A friend of mine had a birthday party last night* involving copious amounts of alcohol, so apparently at least two of my friends are starting V-Day in the Health Center. Joy!

That said, I think it'll be all right. It's honestly a little better than it could have been -- most of the conspicuously coupled people are hungover and/or still drunk and thus quiet, which is more than I'd hoped for.

* Because it was actually his birthday. Not just, you know, randomly.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 08:02:23 pm »

V, you forgot your footnote asteriskal remark.

I will spend the night by myself watching a film about a Japanese man who's dying of cancer.

I'd thought of going out to pick up a lonely desperate girl, but then in the morning I'd be stuck with a lonely desperate girl.  Better to just chill here.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 08:14:10 pm »

Okay, edited. Anyway, the drunk people are apparently back up and around and loud (with responses from "oh my god I'm so sorry I'm never getting drunk EVER AGAIN" to "c'mon, that was great! Who cares if we fucked over the Muslim kids?!") but the day's not hosed yet.

Ikiru sounds like a hell of an idea.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 08:22:40 pm »

I didn't say I was going to be watching Ikiru.  I mean, it could be a different film about a dying Japanese man, no?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 08:57:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I didn't say I was going to be watching Ikiru.  I mean, it could be a different film about a dying Japanese man, no?

Point taken. I am woefully ill-versed in the "Japanese man dying of cancer" subgenre.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 09:24:55 pm »

Oh, snap! The missus and I just about went to the Clermont Lounge last night! Tonight is the stay-in-and-chill-out-with-each-other night, wherein we cook king crab legs and drink champagne and watch pay-per-view and live frivolously in several ways.

We've just gotten back from a six-hour shopping spree, replete with impossible crowds, terribly-behaved children (other people's), and ridiculous parking. I can't say I'm even interested in leaving the safety and sanctity of the apartment again for another week.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 10:04:11 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

We've just gotten back from a six-hour shopping spree, replete with impossible crowds, terribly-behaved children (other people's), and ridiculous parking. I can't say I'm even interested in leaving the safety and sanctity of the apartment again for another week.


This reminds me why I am not minding working on weekends.  I never have this experience anymore.

My spouse is away on a cross country skiing trip without me.  Isn't that wrong?  I am eating frozen fried chicken and Achewood home fries, and spending the evening sitting around on the couch by myself with the laptop computer and the laptop dog. Isn't that sad?  Except that that's what I mostly do on a Saturday night even when he's home.  The real tragedy is that I forgot to buy any Valentine's chocolate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 10:06:25 pm »

I'm opting for alone-Valentine's, with chocolate, good pot, and Finnegans Wake.  I gave it a few months of rest, but I wanted to find the most supremely unromantic thing I could do today, and it fit the bill nicely.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 10:10:07 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
The real tragedy is that I forgot to buy any Valentine's chocolate.


This just means that you get to make the March of the Lonely down that tattered, pinkly faded Valen-aisle on February the Fifteenth, scooping up unloved heart-shaped boxes of chocolate whatevers at a deep discount.

You'll show them for leaving you all alone, goddamn it.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2004, 10:16:17 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
...I wanted to find the most supremely unromantic thing I could do today, and it fit the bill nicely.


Your afternoon sounds positively swoony compared to these joyless fucks. Let's hear it for modern culture, folks.

or

RELIGION IS MESSED UP
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2004, 10:51:34 pm »

Quote from: "Psycho Extremist"
There are certain social values dear to us. What is acceptable to an American audience might not be acceptable to an Indian audience,


No, buddy, you'll find beating the shit out of people for being different is dear to many Americans as well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 11:01:23 pm »

Oh look, I just found two expensive chocolate bars in the house.  I will sit around and eat these and fantasize about someone cute from work. So there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2004, 11:03:20 pm »

I'm taking the wife and kids bowling.  Isn't it romantic?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 11:07:29 pm »

I envy you.  The only bowling alley within 50 km of here just collapsed.  No more bowling.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up