Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble  (Read 10993 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2004, 02:56:22 am »

Personally, I'd be flattered. But it would change something I think.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 04:59:21 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Valentine's Day is just a conspiracy of the card-flower-chocolate-industrial complex anyway.  There is no reason to feel lonlier tonight than any other night that you are not partaking of the consumer culture.


This is true, but the constant reminders from the commercial Valentine's Day Consortium just makes me consider how lonely I am pretty much all the time.

I'm just going to go and cry myself to sleep now.

Don't mind me, it's the Ardbeg talking.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2004, 06:31:16 am »

Home from Mary Prankster. The opener, Disco Stu, calls themselves "Worst. Band. Ever." and they are not lying. Oh my god the suck.

But Mary rocked. Whoo!
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 06:58:34 am »

All my friends with significant others ditched me tonight, so no Claremont, sadly. I called up a buddy whose gf had been messing with his mind for months, and we went out and had a good time. Went home alone, but I'm suprisingly ok with this. I'll bring him around, I know it.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2004, 03:26:37 pm »

Triumph of the weekend, on retrospect: The Asshole did not rant on and on about his boyfriend and how his boyfriend was so touched that he got him a huge-ass teddy bear.

(Does this strike anyone else as a mildly weird gift to get in a vacuum? Or am I just bitter?)

Secondary triumph: going to Boston next weekend for one-week-retroactive V-Day celebration with The SO.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2004, 06:30:19 pm »

This year I had a lovely Valentine's day that involved watching a romance blossom between my best girlfriend and a close friend of Pedro's.  It was neat.  

Last year, I threw myself a belated birthday party on Valentine's Day, and of the forty-odd people who RSVP'd in the affirmative, 11 showed up.  Six of those that did show up did so only after Pedro called them and pleaded with them to come by for just a little while.  The worst part was, I knew a lot of people wouldn't be able to make it from the get-go, but the ones who said two days before the party that they'd be there and then totally ditched me made me really angry.  I'm still bitter about it, actually.  It's everyone's worst fear: what if I threw a party and nobody came?  

It was the worst valentine's day/birthday ever.  But, at least I found out who my real friends are.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2004, 06:39:12 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
It was the worst valentine's day/birthday ever.  But, at least I found out who my real friends are.


All your real friends are on the Internet. We're the greatest.

Although I may have just created some kind of connotational paradox around the word "real." If space/time or all language breaks down into chaos I apologize ahead of time. While you can still understand it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2004, 06:46:12 pm »

I bowled a 125 and then a 107.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2004, 07:37:03 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Triumph of the weekend, on retrospect: The Asshole did not rant on and on about his boyfriend and how his boyfriend was so touched that he got him a huge-ass teddy bear..


Was so touched...huge ass....teddy bear.....his boyfriend......


Must not connect dots.....image of asshat neighbor having anal sex with large-posteriored plush animal.....

dammit. Valentines day will never be the same.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2004, 08:51:43 pm »

I watched sad sack movies and then drank myself to sleep.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2004, 09:35:08 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I bowled a 125 and then a 107.


I'm glad you managed to avoid the plague of structurally unstable bowling alleys.  Me, I ended up going to a friend's for a while, then leaving around 3 for apple crisp at the truck stop with two of my best friends.  All in all, pretty ok.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2004, 09:38:55 pm »

I've either e-mailed or PMed a special Valentine to everybody in this thread. If I missed anybody (or the e-mail address in the memberlist isn't accurate) let me know and I can resend.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2004, 10:11:34 pm »

I didn't get one, but somehow I think I just DON'T WANT A VALENTINE'S MESSAGE FROM A DUDE.

You.  Are. VIOLATING.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2004, 10:28:21 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Triumph of the weekend, on retrospect: The Asshole did not rant on and on about his boyfriend and how his boyfriend was so touched that he got him a huge-ass teddy bear..


Was so touched...huge ass....teddy bear.....his boyfriend......


Must not connect dots.....image of asshat neighbor having anal sex with large-posteriored plush animal.....

dammit. Valentines day will never be the same.

To be entirely fair, it was Asshat's Boyfriend who ended up with the teddy bear, and I don't know the guy at all -- except that apparently he's head over heels for Asshat, which makes me wonder, but...

Oh, never mind. I'm not going to rant on this, just put in my three days and hitch a bus to Boston.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Razzlefrazzlefriggin' Valentine's Day grumblegrumble
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2004, 12:38:07 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I didn't get one, but somehow I think I just DON'T WANT A VALENTINE'S MESSAGE FROM A DUDE.

You.  Are. VIOLATING.


I sent it to the admin address listed in your profile. It's just an mp3. I'd post the link here but I don't think I have enough bandwidth for anybody who comes along to click it.

Ray reference noted and appreciated though.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up