Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is...?  (Read 25344 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2004, 07:46:49 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Fuck You, Venal Suitemate, Have Some Goddamn Van der Graaf Generator" (by me).


Coffee spewed all over keyboard yet again.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2004, 07:52:13 pm »

Bringing this thread back OT: where is pmcd9, anyway?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2004, 08:21:47 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Bringing this thread back OT: where is pmcd9, anyway?


I KNEW it.  He caught something fatal from that CHAIR.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where is...?
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2004, 08:56:37 pm »

I recommend "You're Gonna Miss Me Baby" by Thirteenth Floor Elevators.

It's what Cusak played at the beginning of High Fidelity.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where is...?
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2004, 09:16:39 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Limmo"
Bringing this thread back OT: where is pmcd9, anyway?


I KNEW it.  He caught something fatal from that CHAIR.

Or it ate him. Or that little kid finally had his bloody vengeance. I figure it's an open question.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where is...?
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2004, 09:20:23 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Fuck You, Venal Suitemate, Have Some Goddamn Van der Graaf Generator" (by me).


Coffee spewed all over keyboard yet again.

Oh, Venal Suitemate and I had a downright intimate acquaintance with "Killer" throughout April:

MY SPEAKERS: *horrible prog song about sharks*
ME, SINGING ALONG: o/` Cause you CAN'T have TWO KILLERS! Living in the same PAAAAAAAADD!! o/`
SUITEMATE: (through two doors) SHUT UP!!
ME: (throw bird vaguely in his direction, keep singing) o/` And when YOUR MOTHER knew that her TIME had COME, she was really rather GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!! o/`

In retrospect, I could probably have been tried for war crimes, but...
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Where is...?
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2004, 09:20:50 pm »

I was speculating as to the chair having eaten Paul. Or maybe something hidden in the chair. Imported, illegally, unbeknownst to all. Highly poisonous, possibly mutated.
X-Files plotline yada yada Paul all fettered and zombie like trying to exist pandimensionally ... internet ... brainstem...

I won't even begin to think about I Hate You mix ideas, I'd be here all week digging out playlists.

*****
I was doing other things and didn't see the new posts. Doh!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2004, 09:34:25 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

ME: (throw bird vaguely in his direction, keep singing)


Umm, throwing birds are we?  What kinds of birds? Like badminton bird, or tweet, tweet bird?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where is...?
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2004, 10:37:35 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I won't even begin to think about I Hate You mix ideas, I'd be here all week digging out playlists.


Niche mix challenges are dangerous things indeed.  I was once in a mixswap where my partner decided that all the songs on each of our CDs were to be about water... This appalled me until I went through my howevermanythousand mp3s and actually came up with 30 or so plausible candidates and had to eliminate some.

Three off the top of my head, for this one:
No Children, by the Mountain Goats
Idiot Wind, one of my favourite Bob Dylan songs and a damn good breakup song: perhaps not as much so as Don't Think Twice, but it's got that Blood on the Tracks goodness.
I Still Miss You, by Arab Strap.  Despite the title, probably the most vitriolic breakup song I've ever heard.
And some Hella's always good on angry mixes.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2004, 11:16:55 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
X-Files plotline yada yada Paul all fettered and zombie like trying to exist pandimensionally ... internet ... brainstem...



Aw jeez.  Are we going to have to go rescue him? I hate it when that happens.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where is...?
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2004, 11:26:24 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

ME: (throw bird vaguely in his direction, keep singing)


Umm, throwing birds are we?  What kinds of birds? Like badminton bird, or tweet, tweet bird?

Er, I probably should have typed "flipping the bird" -- you know, impolite gesturing? That sort of thing.

I have way too many good breakup songs sitting around (it comes from liking TMBG and Moxy Fruvous, who both have just tons), but my few off-the-cuff Bad Breakup Mixdisc Choices:

Black Hole, Raised By Wolves -- starts slow, gets angrier
TMBG: I've Got a Match and They'll Need a Crane, among others
Fruvous: Hate Letter is obvious, and BJ Don't Cry is fairly solid too. Love Set Fire is better for your more philosophical-type breakups.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2004, 03:21:20 pm »

Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to make one now? And send out a couple?
Yeah, maybe Paul's head exploded when he realized that I'm a bad internet friend. He keeps sending me awesome CDs and I keep adding to the pile of CDs that have to get sent down South to him, but I NEVER SEND THEM. This is because I'm a BAD PERSON.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where is...?
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2004, 03:38:50 pm »

So where is Paul, anyway?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2004, 03:45:39 pm »

If you play "I'm So Tired" from the Beatles White Album backwards it tell you "Paul is dead"!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2004, 04:43:49 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
If you play "I'm So Tired" from the Beatles White Album backwards it tell you "Paul is dead"!


And if you turn the cover for Magical Mystery Tour upside down, the word Beatles looks like a phone number.  Call it, and get details regarding Paul's death!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up