Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is...?  (Read 25412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2004, 05:48:08 pm »

Here's what you'll hear when you call:

I have browser problems. I don't know why or how, but 3 websites [the message board being one] won't load in either IE or Firefox. Every other site works fine. I don't have a clue how to fix it. If one of the tech savvy people on the board has any advice it would be much appreciated.

~Paul


Alright, this is actually Paul's response to an email I sent him this morning.  If anyone has tips on how to get him back here, email them to him.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where is...?
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2004, 07:41:49 pm »

Oh, I may have 'accidentally' banned his IP on the server.  Oops.

If you can PM me the IP he used to e-mail you I can track him down.  Otherwise I'll never get e-mail from him.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2004, 07:52:47 pm »

Way to go jough - I hope you know you ruined Christmas!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2004, 11:29:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Oh, I may have 'accidentally' banned his IP on the server.  Oops.

If you can PM me the IP he used to e-mail you I can track him down.  Otherwise I'll never get e-mail from him.


How does such a thing happen?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where is...?
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2004, 08:53:50 am »

Well, 'accidentally' was in quotes, after all.

And he says that he's having problems with other sites too - so it's probably not even that.

I told him to delete his cache, send me his cash, delete his cookies, bake me some cookies, force reload (ctrl+refresh in IE, or shift+reload in a real browser), force himself to unload, and then to go free that little boy who always seems to show up half-naked in creepy poses in the photos he posts here.

LET THE LITTLE BOY GO, PAUL

Then your internet will work.  It's karmic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2004, 09:03:01 pm »

My position on parenting is this: if you love something, let it go, and if it comes back to you, it's yours. Therefore, when my child is about 9, I'm going to just leave it at the mall. If I ever see it again, I'll truly know that I was meant to be a parent, instead of the dude who works in the Food Court Tumbleweed.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2004, 06:32:18 pm »

I'm trapped in a circle of hell reserved for anti-social, shy people who dislike their families. Yup - I drove 20 hours in one day to hang out with the extended step-family for a week. Whooptie shit. Needless to say, my computer time has been limited.

Luckily, I'm outta here tomorrow, and I'll swing by the (soon-to-be-live-in) boyfriend's on Tuesday. Gettinglaidsville, population: me - here I come!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2004, 09:16:11 pm »

Where is PAUL???   Someone DO something!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where is...?
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2004, 09:31:45 pm »

I'm with wombat on this one.  This is most distressing.  Jough, I'm looking at you and your IP-blocking powerz.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where is...?
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2004, 10:50:45 pm »

I unblocked all of the previously blocked IPs and it didn't solve Paul's problem.

He just needs to learn how to use his PC.

Zang!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where is...?
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2004, 02:25:12 am »

This is probably more heading-off-at-the-pass, of its egotistical sort, but...

I'm going to be going on a hiatus soon, ranging anywhere from the rest of the week to two or three, depending how the cards end up. (We're moving, and I have very little control of how quickly I'll be able to get stable Internet access again; hopefully I'll be able to cheat, and with luck I'll be able to be back on a semi-regular basis by this weekend, but it's still up in the air.) If my posting becomes sporadic or nonexistent, know that it's that and that I'm not dead.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2004, 03:42:51 am »

I am too going to go on a hiatus of sorts; it's Bonnaroo tyme, brothers! 5 friends and I, a enormous conversion van, several tents and about a billion awesome bands. I'll have my laptop with me, and there's probably going to be some sort of wireless thing going on...Oh, by the by, does anyone know how a Mac would work with a wireless network? I've got Airport Extreme and Bluetooth, is there any other wireless adaptor I may need for common wireless? I know this should go in the Billiards Room, but I'll start a thread up there if I get more than one response. DANKE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2004, 04:30:08 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
does anyone know how a Mac would work with a wireless network?


Pedro and I have a wireless network in our home, to which he has his iBook connected, but I couldn't begin to tell you how it's set up.  Try PMing him; he should get back to you sometime tomorrow.  

Meanwhile, it appears to be the week of hiatuses.  (Hiatii?  Hiatum?  Again, with the Latinesque endings.)  I'm having houseguests Thursday thru Sunday, and will be around rather more sporadically 'til then.  

But I will be here.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where is...?
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2004, 11:05:54 am »

Ah, good luck everyone on your forays into the real world.  I should take one of those, what with my exams being next week, but I remain stubbornly non-stressed.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Where is...?
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2004, 01:11:12 pm »

I should be on anti-hiatus this weekend. What with the office being closed Friday for the Reagan thing and the terrible traffic keeping my ass firmly at home.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up