Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serializer in general  (Read 1181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Serializer in general
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:21:09 pm »

I've tried to read other comics in Serializer, but I don't really feel the need to add to my comic-reading routine, anyway. I confess that I did attempt to read the strip by the really hot girl, but that didn't turn my crank. Well, I just got my new charge for Serializer, as my first year just ran out. So now I'm paying $30 a year for a website that I barely go to, because Onstad updates so infrequently. I know there is supposedly new Nate Small right now, but I haven't gone to read it yet. I also know that Onstad can't make more than $1.00 of each subscription, if that. Understand: I am not dogging Onstad for the frequency of updates. I'm just thinking that this site really isn't worth this, especially if this money is mostly going to the guy who runs the site and artists whose work I never read.

Also, I am posting more topics now to try to generate some discussion in various fora. This is mainly because I do not want to do the packing that I should be doing right now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Serializer in general
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 05:58:56 pm »

Many people seem to be using the 1-month strategy. Just pay for a single month every year. Then you can go back and read the previous year's worth of stuff at a fraction of the price. If you have the patience.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Serializer in general
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 06:36:13 pm »

I think that way back when there was some discussion about this, and I probably said "just pay the damn money" but now I just don't know. I think I'll read it today and then email Joey Manley or whatever his name is and ask to cancel the remainder.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up