Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!  (Read 17990 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« on: February 18, 2004, 04:55:08 am »

Okay, here's a fun game, and more for the asker than the answerer: come up with a band name, album title and 11-15 tracks which are verbatim dialogue from a movie. A genre or motif for the soundtrack is optional, and should have nothing to do with the movie. Then, people guess the movie- and the correct answerer posts one. I'll start with a German thrash-metal rip-core band from the mid-90's.

The Path of the Righteous: Did I Break Your Concentration?

01: Did I Break Your Concentration?
02: I'm Gonna Get Medieval on your Ass.
03: Tony Rocky Horror
04: Beer in a Movie Theatre
05: Royale with Cheese.
06: "What" Ain't no Country I Ever Heard of
07: Ezekiel 25:17
08: Does He Look Like a Bitch?
09: Then Why'd You Try to Fuck Him Like a Bitch?!
10: Racecar in the Red
11: Mushroomcloud Layin' Motherfucker
12: Watch up His Ass
13: Clean the Fuckin' Car
14: Itty-bitty Pieces of Skull and Brain

Good luck!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 05:13:48 am »

My guess is Pulp Fiction. I COULD BE WRONG

Here's one, easy to guess, that I did more for the fun of doing it; this is an all-instrumental techno / industrial band circa 1996. Their liner notes (which no one has actually read) are full of right-wing socio-political invective and they are best remembered for being sampled by far better musicians. The brains of the band, long since dissolved, is now trying to incorporate physiological ultrasonics into IDM. GOOD fuck*ng LUCK

Autobahn: Nobody Fucks With The Jesus

01. Obviously You're Not A Golfer
02. The Bums Lost
03. Suck Your Cock For A Thousand Dollars
04. A Show Dog With fuck*ng Papers
05. This Is Not Vietnam
06. Strong Men Also Cry
07. Eight Year Olds
08. Her Life Is In Your Hands
09. When You Fuck A Stranger In The Ass
10. He Fixes The Cable
11. I Can Get You A Toe
12. We Believe In Nothing
13. Stay Out Of Malibu
14. Bush League Psych-Out Shit
15. The Dude Abides
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 05:19:05 am »

Obviously the Big Lebowski.  And that's not just like, my opinion, man.

Okay, mine's pretty easy too if you've seen the film.  

The band is a neo-dadaist self-help guru who believes that all things are eventual.

Nameless Numberhead Man: Idea Missing

1. Maximum Busy Muscle
2. Generic Greeting
3. Failure and Hospitalization
4. Nose Army
5. It's Your Fault, Not Ours
6. Beef Diaper
7. Generic Greeting Returned
8. Having an Affair with My Own Wife
9. Mellow Rhubarb Turbine
10. Eventualism
11. A Spiritual Element is Missing
12. 8 hours, Your Brother, $15,000
13. Dear Attractive Woman #2
14. Nomenclature
15. Drum Tissue Outburst
16. Throbbing Dust Generation

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 05:42:57 am »

Schizopolis.  I am now the happiest man in my #####.

I don't have a copy of my film handy, but most of these quotes should be right:

Our featured artist is a bad-ass.  He's into ballroom dancing and pornography.

Felix LaPoubelle: Shred It

1. You Wanna Go...Someplace Else?
2. Bobby Beemer
3. My Neurophysiologist
4. Budapest: City of Cathedrals
5. Queens of the Hotel Hit
6. You Ponder!
7. Leslie Glasser Owns a Cheese Shop
8. Cilantro For the Liver, Onions For the Blood
9. The "I've Peaked and I'm Kidding Myself" Party
10.  Her Hair Looks Really Nice
11. No Way, I Have Scruples
12. Because We Are Not Assassins
13. Yeah, Marv, Where Ya Been?
14. Nobody Chooses When
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 06:36:16 am »

OK, I'm new here and if you know me you know I don't actually read the posts, but I would like to buy that first album ok thx.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 07:13:19 am »

That APPEARS to be the splendid John Cusack vehicle Grosse Pointe Blank.
Okay, our group is an early 80's punk band from the Midwest. Have fun!

The Autoparts- W.S.P.*, Just Like Me!
1. Tense Situations
2. Dildo Punks!
3. Credit
4. Plate O' Shrimp
5. John Wayne Was a Fag
6. Natural Causes
7. BLAMMO
8. Room to Move (As a Fry Clerk)
9. God Wants Your Money
10. Goggle-box
11. Made Them Myself
12. Some Crimes
13. I Can't Believe (I Used to Like This Band)

*White Suburban Punk
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 07:42:18 am »

Ahhh, Repo Man.


Here is a Country Duo not unlike Brooks and Dunne except that they suck.
 
The albums is Live from the Rollercade: Jersey City 1999



1. I'm Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today
2. Chewlies
3. What's a Snowball?
4. 37 Dicks
5. Asian Design Major
6. Happy Scrappy Hero Pup
7. Any Balls Down There?
8. Biggest Pair You've Ever Seen, Dingleberry
9. Chicks with Dicks that Put Mine to Shame
10. Broke His Neck Trying to Suck His Own Dick
11. Shark is in the Salsa
12. You had Sex with a Dead Guy
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »

Youall have done what I thought was impossible: Made me sad that I don't give a damn about movies, because now I can't play this game.

Carry on. *sniff*
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 12:57:56 pm »

Sounds like Clerks to me.

Can't post right now. Someone else carry the torch for a minute, I'll be back later.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 02:09:45 pm »

Paranoid Terror - A Savage Experience

1: Z on your forehead
2: Throbbing Uncircumsized Member
3: A Pint of Raw Ether
4: 90 Through Barstow
5: The Bill Was A Factor
6: My Attorney Was Gone
7: T-Shades
8: A Telegram To The Right People
9: Some People Like Nixon Too
10: Burning The Locals
11: Forced Consciousness Expansion
12: Did They Pay You To Screw That Bear?

I wanted to mention the breasts but I can watch it 'cause it's region 1 and my rom is not hacked yet.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 03:13:01 pm »

That sounds like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Not completely sure, so please confirm for me before I make a list.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 03:17:56 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
That sounds like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Not completely sure, so please confirm for me before I make a list.


It is. I was going to do something else but I couldn't remember the particular line that the decision rested on. I might do it later instead.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2004, 03:23:52 pm »

Right on.  
This one's too easy, but it's fun.  I give you Elephant Books, by mid-80's cheesy sleazy pop-metal band the Mattress Police.
1.  Frieda's Boss
2.  I'll Fill You In
3.  Cup o' Hot Fat
4.  Strangers in My #####
5.  Lease With an Option to Buy
6.  A Spleen That Large
7.  Shoulda Seen My Shoes
8.  Five, Ten Minutes Tops
9.  Tierra Del Fuego
10. Morris or Pierre?
11. Ball Bearings
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2004, 04:10:40 pm »

I think I would love this thread more were it not a game that required me to get one right to get to post. (also if all the easy movies had not already been guessed correctly. Bah.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
SNWI: Soundtracks that Never Were - Interactive!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 04:15:23 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Youall have done what I thought was impossible: Made me sad that I don't give a damn about movies, because now I can't play this game.


You... you don't give a damn about movies?  Wombat, I don't know if you could still be my internet crush, given this new information.

If you post something else witty or funny later in the day, I *may* be able to forget about this.  But I don't know... I mean, how could you not care about humanity's greatest achievement in art thus far?

Of course, I don't care about hairless rodents either, so I guess it just would never work between us.

Still...

sigh
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up