Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Goddamn you Jough!  (Read 5769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« on: February 18, 2004, 04:54:28 pm »

You live in a city where things like Gibson speaking at the Free Library of Philadelphia's Central Library, and as far as I know you didn't go!

(Last night by the way. Sorry, if I'd known about it beforehand I would have mentioned it!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 05:03:23 pm »

Who?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 05:35:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Who?


William Gibson.
And if you say who again I am going to kill you, stamp on your corpse, feed you to naked mole rats (they're on the brain at the moment) and then cry.

Or maybe just slam a door.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 05:46:55 pm »

*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 05:56:45 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
*weeps*


One of those days huh?
Yea.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 06:08:21 pm »

Oh.  I read "Neuromancer" when I was fourteen.  I liked the game for the Commodore 64 (with an awesome soundtrack by Devo).  Didn't much care for the book.

I didn't know he was in Philly but probably wouldn't have gone if I did.  Just not my cup o' tea.

But if I knew it meant that much to you I could've stopped by and taken a quick photo of him... doing whatever it was that he was doing there.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 06:21:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I liked the game for the Commodore 64 (with an awesome soundtrack by Devo).  Didn't much care for the book.


Was a good game.
Though I can't believe you don't dig the book!
Oh man, you must at least try Pattern Recognition. And Idoru. And hell, All Tomorrow's Parties too!
My world is falling in around me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 06:24:51 pm »

He's going to be up around me tomorrow. My problem: I have 2 copies of Pattern Recognition; one, a reviewers copy I bought on eBay a few months before it actually came out, and a signed hardcover I bought on sale somewhere. I left my preview copy AT HOME. So the only copy I have is one ALREADY SIGNED BY WILLIAM GIBSON, SOMEWHERE ELSE.
I think I'm going to have to buy a new copy of another one of his books. But which? I guess I should grab Neuromancer, because my good copy was stolen by an ex-girlfriend.
Yeah, actually, if you want me to buy anything for him to sign, I'd be willing to, for, of course, proper compensation.
Mwahahaha.
MWAAHAHAHAHAHA.
MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

no but seriously if you sent me a check after the fact for the price of the book i'd be cool with buying something and sending it to you
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 07:47:49 pm »

Woah! That would be uber cool.
I mean, given it's the tour for Pattern Recognition, and I been waiting for the paperback before I buy it, if you could pick me up that and get it signed I would like, love you and hug you and kiss you and write you into my last will!
And send you ample reimbursement.
My brother went to see a reading for Idoru and got that signed, and I hated him for it!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 02:14:27 am »

Hey, man, mission accomplished. But, umm, I don't actually know your real name, so I got it signed for, ummmm...slink. Oh, and I told Gibson I was getting it signed for someone in an online forum I belong to, and he congradulated us on being so "post-geographical." Just PM me with your addy and I'll send it off tomorrow.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 03:39:05 am »

Wow. You are so on my christmas list this year!
And, actually, it's cool that you got it signed to me as Slink, since that's what I go by most of the time. My Achewood books are signed to Slink, as are a couple of other things I have.
It's quite nice to have impressed him though. I feel disociatively good about that!

Thanks ever so much.
*all nine of my thumbs up*
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 03:44:19 am »

Hey, all of you *other* people on the forum- slink and I are going to go hang out with our best friend, WILLIAM GIBSON.

You guys aren't invited.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 04:10:33 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Hey, all of you *other* people on the forum- slink and I are going to go hang out with our best friend, WILLIAM GIBSON.

You guys aren't invited.


*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 04:22:45 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "Bozack"

You guys aren't invited.


*weeps*


Except JL. The weeps are starting to wrench at the deep, dark, hidden, dying, caring parts of my soul. Plus, he's always seemed amenable to young women.

Then again, who isn't?

Plus, you could get them started on the cold war. It'd be fascinating.
(No Maps For These Territories is really interesting - most notably the outtake bits that they didn't use, which features him talking about how crack only made it to Vancouver within the last 6/7 years, and that passports were a security measure brought in due to the war, and kept therafter, 'cause everyone in charge liked them. I also found him talking about his naivety of writing early on interesting. He was talking about how he couldn't write movement, so Case essentially just 'jacks in' to various places.)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Goddamn you Jough!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 05:25:40 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Plus, he's always seemed amenable to young women.


How young?  Can I come too?

Edit:  That came out sounding like a million times creepier than I intended it to.  Uhhh... drat.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up