Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc  (Read 2152 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« on: February 19, 2004, 05:41:44 am »

It's really good.  I would make lots of comments, but I gotta get to bed.

Loved the package, loved the songs, loved the title.

One thing, you pointed out that several of the songs were cover versions, but didn't do so with the Van Morrison covering Bob Dylan.  Is there a reason for this?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 06:05:32 am »

Ha, didnt have enough room to fit "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue- Van Morrison (Bob Dylan Cover)" on one line. I was wondering if anyone would notice that.
YOU, sir, GET A PRIZE!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 12:40:08 pm »

I've communicated this through PM, but I think it is time to be open about my all-consuming love for this(these) mix(es).  The combination of Philip Glass and Camper Van Beethoven threw me off at first, but it all works.  It's everything I love in the world crushed into a tiny ball of benevolent glowing light.

Man I'm weird in the morning.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 05:02:25 pm »

This 2-disc set is indeed rad, Bozak.

It reminds me that I have to get crackin' on mine.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 08:42:38 pm »

Really, jough?  There's still hope for a disk from you?  Whatever happened to that sex-inducing one, anyways.

And I enjoy the new sig, by the way.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 11:09:35 pm »

New?  I haven't changed it in months.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 05:23:19 am »

Umm... I enjoy your sig that I have just noticed because I am somewhat slow then.  Have it your way if you will.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 05:26:58 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Umm... I enjoy your sig that I have just noticed because I am somewhat slow then.  Have it your way if you will.


I am happy you enjoy my sig and happier by your stilted grammar.

ENJOY THE SHOW

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 12:46:01 am »

This mix really transports me.  It feels like the soundtrack to a movie i've never seen, but would like to.  One of those great 70's era NYC movies that really show the grime like Midnight Cowboy or Mean Streets.  The package is totally original and great also

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Serial Lady Killer Mixdisc
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 06:23:51 am »

I saw a movie preview tonight, can't remember which movie it was now, maybe The New Kate Hudson thing, or it might have been The Stepford Wives.  Anyway, they used Oliver's Army as the background music for the clip.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up