Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Poll

Howdja like it?

Excellent
- 0 (0%)
Wonderfuckinful
- 3 (42.9%)
It melted the soles of my shoes!
- 0 (0%)
My life is all downhill after this mind-boggling experience...
- 0 (0%)
Who the hell is this Paul McRae guy, anyhow?
- 1 (14.3%)
My Dog has no nose.
- 2 (28.6%)
How does he smell?
- 0 (0%)
Terrible!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 20, 2004, 02:59:20 am


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumplestilskin Rocks!  (Read 6061 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« on: February 20, 2004, 02:59:20 am »

Thanks Paul, got your disk yesterday and listened to it today.

Took me from the familiar to the utterly unknown and I enjoyed every minute.  Nice cover art, too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 05:27:16 am »

Rad design, and I haven't listened to it yet, but it looks great and I'll look forward to it being in my discman tomorrow morning.  Nice stamps too, by the way.  And I know that sounded like a "Uh... got to find something to compliment" sort of compliment, so that's why I put it after all the real compliments.
Logged
goose means greedy

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:33:26 am »

Yeah, I just thought I'd say I am enjoying it as well; I didn't give it a good enough listen yet, but I did listen to it since ya corrected that first song = 3 tracks thing :D

I was familiar with some of the bands in the second half ... well, of course smashing pumpkins (hadn't heard this before though I don't think), willard grant conspiracy, the walkabouts (I bought a spanish records compilation that had a song of theirs on it- 'slow red dawn' ..it has a guy and a girl, so the song on your mix was a bit different though I recognised the girl's voice right off even if she was a minimal part in the song I have), the pernice brothers, cat power :D
I'll give it more of a listen soon!

I, too like the coverart ...makes me smile :)
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 02:56:59 pm »

I got it this week too; haven't listened to it yet but might give it a spin this afternoon.

I also got a mix from Andalucia recently.  Congratulations, Acheheads:  I have received 6 CDs after sending out 10.  Much better than the last CD exchange I participated in, in which I sent out 5 CDs and got back two.  

The slacker four, you know who you are.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 03:10:12 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Nice stamps too, by the way.  


Seconded.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 03:32:55 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Nice stamps too, by the way.  


Seconded.


I don't remember what stamps I used.  Thanks for the praise of my stamps.  If only the music could live up to the promise of the stamps.  :D  

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 06:55:48 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I don't remember what stamps I used.


Rad old-timey comics.  And fear not, the was also most enjoyable.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 10:06:43 pm »

I got gospel singers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 06:39:51 am »

I don't remember what stamps I got :\
I hardly notice these things ..oh woe is me that I threw out the packaging once I took the disc out therefore I cannot go look
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 07:12:27 am »

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the stamps.  I'm deeply touched.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 07:48:38 am »

I didn't get one so I voted "terrible" (but mostly because I figured no one else would, and that the choice would be lonely without anyone voting for it, like the kid who's always been picked last for kickball).

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 08:00:47 am »

You didn't get one because my burner broke and I sent what I had to those who had sent me one.  The one you were gonna send me must have got lost in the mail.  Anyway, I've got the cover made, and i've picked out some killer stamps for you, but i've been too busy to install my new burner.  You'll get your's soon.  The other left-outs are Slink and Alohadawg.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 08:36:08 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
The other left-outs are Slink and Alohadawg.

~Paul


If you're gonna send me one then I am so gonna sort out drivers and my third soundcard and send mixes out.
Since I'm inebriated I promise to do it this week. And I'll feel guilty if I don't.
So there you go!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 02:34:30 pm »

Hey Paul--what album is that Pernice Brothers song off of?  And how's the album as a whole? I have a compilation with "Baby in Two" on it, and that's a great song, but I haven't been motivated to actually go out and buy their stuff.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 12:37:09 am »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Hey Paul--what album is that Pernice Brothers song off of?  And how's the album as a whole? I have a compilation with "Baby in Two" on it, and that's a great song, but I haven't been motivated to actually go out and buy their stuff.


I don't know, but i'll find out.  Ah yes, here we go, it's called Overcome by Happiness.  Like you, my exposure to The Pernice Brothers is via a compilation.  I really should get one of their albums because I really love that one song.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up