Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Poll

Howdja like it?

Excellent
- 0 (0%)
Wonderfuckinful
- 3 (42.9%)
It melted the soles of my shoes!
- 0 (0%)
My life is all downhill after this mind-boggling experience...
- 0 (0%)
Who the hell is this Paul McRae guy, anyhow?
- 1 (14.3%)
My Dog has no nose.
- 2 (28.6%)
How does he smell?
- 0 (0%)
Terrible!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 20, 2004, 02:59:20 am


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumplestilskin Rocks!  (Read 6077 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 10:16:26 am »

I have one Pernice Brothers album... The World Won't End ..I quite enjoy that one.  I did have the mp3 of 'crestfallen' ..also, 'dimmest star' and the title track are rather good.  a friend of mine told me 'one foot in the grave' is a good song which is on their latest.. might have to get that someday, too.

Oh yeah, and if ya didn't know, the singer has two side projects: Chappaquiddick Skyline and Scud Mountain Boys ..both are rather good especially the tracks 'solitary swedish houses' from the former and 'in a ditch' by the latter... I should buy those albums someday.. for now I just have mp3s :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 07:20:15 pm »

Well...kinda. Scud Mountain Boys were his primary band, not a side project, when they were still a going concern. Chappaquiddick Skyline is sort of a solo album, as is Big Tobacco. I only own their latest, "Yours, Mine and Ours" which is very good. The last track, titled Number Two, is one of my favorite songs. I like Prince Valium and Bum Leg on Big Tobacco quite a bit as well. They are on  tour http://www.pernicebrothers.com/tour.php  right now and ya'll should go see them.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2004, 12:25:01 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Well...kinda. Scud Mountain Boys were his primary band, not a side project, when they were still a going concern. Chappaquiddick Skyline is sort of a solo album, as is Big Tobacco.


Whoops .. guess I used the wrong choice o' words.. didn't check google to be sure... I was told this quite awhile back from a friend, so the facts must've got muddled in that time.. heh
I also forgot Scud Mountain Boys had more than one album... erm yeah, I forget the one with 'in a ditch' ..it's on my wishlist somewhere.

..and yeah, seems to be no dates in Tx :P
Cleveland.. I should tell my cousin to go though I don't even know if I told her about the band ..hah.. hm...
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 05:00:48 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Great stuff, Paul.  'Cept I pulled a long lunch and threw it in and now Son House is dueling Ry Cooder and Johnny Cash in my head and until there's a winner I'll be worthless the rest of the workday.

But the post-lunch worthlessness is nothing new, actually, it just has rad accompianment in my pea-brain today.


Thanks Ash, i'm glad you liked the disc, but please were really dying to know what you thought of the stamps.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004, 03:32:29 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I picked it up with my son in tow and he immediately noticed the stamps.  He knew who Dick Tracy was, but Alley Oop was a complete unknown.  This led to a google session to show him some strip samples and the playing of the George Throughgood version of Alley Oop.

The stamps led to important education type stuff.  Those are some mighty powerful stamps.


I hope that was all true, because it's an awesome story, really.  I am moved.  It was totally Wheatonesque.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 11:57:08 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
True fact dat.

Otherwise, why admit ownership to some Thoroughgood?


You do have a point there.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 12:28:58 am »

I received mine today, but was unimpressed with the stamps.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 02:21:35 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I received mine today, but was unimpressed with the stamps.


Yeah, sorry, I forgot the stamps and had to buy the metered type.  I'll do better next go round.

What kind of stamps did you use on your mailer?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 02:43:36 am »

Eh, I metered mine.

And they're now in the mail!

Finally, I know.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 04:08:30 am »

Hooray and huzzah!
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 04:43:48 pm »

Sweet.  I haven't have any random fun stuff in the mail for nearly a week.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 05:29:13 pm »

Paul, just so you know, I had to scrape off those things you glued onto the CD because they were making the disc wobble uncontrollably.

Those things really need to be balanced, or they can just EXPLODE.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 07:27:52 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Paul, just so you know, I had to scrape off those things you glued onto the CD because they were making the disc wobble uncontrollably.

Those things really need to be balanced, or they can just EXPLODE.


That sounds like a hardware problem to me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 07:31:58 pm »

Paul, I lied in another thread.

I haven't sent yours yet because I don't have your address and can't deceipher it from the return addy.

So PM me and I'll get yours out today.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rumplestilskin Rocks!
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 12:04:44 am »

Hurrah for jough-mix, and for Paul's picture.  It makes me want to change my avatar to a childhood photo, but it would be less rad than all of yours, being from the late 80s or so.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up