Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)  (Read 6632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 03:38:54 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Woot!  First post!  

This one, I don't know.  Beef seems uncharactaristically mean here.  I mean, why not help a brotha out, 'stead a' leavin' him to watch Spongebob in his under-drawer?  It's Sex Limo, after all.


Beef is acting mean because Ray shamed him into burying his new shirt in the yard.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 05:05:10 am »

Yeah, I much prefer the original panel. It was a much subtler, more interesting gag -- and I liked the image of Ray just sitting there, grooving on the fact that the pineapple was SpongeBob's house.

(A drunk friend of mine almost got killed for singing the SpongeBob theme loudly in traffic. I have always associated it with amiable drunks.)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 07:05:54 am »

Did anyone else notice that, umm, DJ Beef has gotten kinda chubby lately?
HE'S GOT A GUT, MAN.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

G3K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • http://g3k.livejournal.com
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2004, 07:25:54 am »

That's nothing.  I had a COTA bus (public transportation in Columbus, medium-shit) driver who sang the entire thing to me one morning.  It was surreal.
Logged
Also I am Korean and this offends me a lot

clintd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.naturalanxiety.com
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2004, 03:12:53 pm »

OH GOD SO MANY CHANGES
WHY DO YOU CHANGE YET AGAIN A THIRD TIME.
at least its better than the second.
but due to my lack of any form of memory, i dont know if its the same as the first?
oh god.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2004, 07:14:54 pm »

It appears to be a variation on the first -- sort of a mid-way point between the two. Not quite as good as the first, though.
Logged

G3K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • http://g3k.livejournal.com
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2004, 07:22:18 pm »

Does he read this board, or is he just really that insecure?  à la Beef?
Logged
Also I am Korean and this offends me a lot

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 07:53:08 pm »

Probably a bit of both.

The first one was great - very matter-of-fact Ray. "That is Spongebob's Home".

I liked the second version where he was singing the song along (like every child does) "SPONGE BOB SQUARE #####"

The third one is kinda melancholy - which may have been what the 'stad had been going for all along.

So whatever.

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 08:13:50 pm »

what did the second one say???   I missed it, but I really liked the first one.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2004, 08:17:47 pm »

See above.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 08:21:38 pm »

I may be in the minority here, but I like the third ending best.  Really, it's the best of both worlds.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

G3K

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • http://g3k.livejournal.com
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2004, 10:11:36 pm »

#####?

#####?

P A N T S?

fuck?
Logged
Also I am Korean and this offends me a lot

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2004, 01:07:01 am »

OK, fess up - which of us made the suicide threats to get the first version restored?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2004, 01:36:43 am »

Eh, he's just fuck*ng around, now.

And I believe this is #4, not #1, as the first I think said "That pineapple is Sponge Bob's House" - but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's the best so far.

And why shouldn't he change it if he's not happy with it?  It'll be in the archives/books for posterity, but in our memories only for a weekend.

clintd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.naturalanxiety.com
It ain't even a real LLLLLIMO! (19 Feb 2004)
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 01:47:36 am »

I AM CURRENTLY HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT ENDING

THANK YOU.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up