Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I Had A Liquor....  (Read 9841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2004, 08:05:09 am »

I love how we've now subdivided ourselves into alt.country assholes with crushes on Neko Case and hell no depression also a love of cartoon cats.

ALSO:
because this is my thread DAMMIT and i'm taking CONTROL again:
Crazy Drunk Hillbilly- "IT'S A ROOTIN' TOOTIN' AWWW GOD SOMETIMES I CRY!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2004, 08:08:04 am »

Your second subdivision confuses me, but I am going where there's no depression (the bathroom).
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2004, 02:19:21 pm »

I'm seconding the alt.country assholeness. Tonight I'm going to see Southern Culture on the Skids. Not as good lookin' as Neko (thanks for the link, btw), but awesome nonetheless.

How 'bout "Booty Call" brand malt liquor?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2004, 10:43:35 pm »

Hell, I was alt.country when alt.country wasn't cool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2004, 03:27:14 pm »

When was alt.country not cool? I call bullshit.

That is, I Call Bullshit brand liquor. When you get drunk enough you tell everyone that you're on to them.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2004, 09:08:19 pm »

I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2004, 11:52:12 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.


That song appeared on Carlos D's mix and it's beautiful.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2004, 01:22:09 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.


That song appeared on Carlos D's mix and it's beautiful.

~Paul

Yes, this would be where I heard it first. I would elaborate on my love for it, but this is the Kitchen and not the Conservatory.

Another new liquor: "I Can't Believe It's Not a Soft Drink," for those of us who have issues with booze tasting like booze.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2004, 01:37:09 am »

How about a malt liquor called "The Man" as in "I coulda been something, but The Man held me down."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2004, 01:44:00 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
How about a malt liquor called "The Man" as in "I coulda been something, but The Man held me down."


Going with that theme: The Flu. "I can't come into work today. I got The Flu last night."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2004, 02:09:11 am »

Damn, I don't know enough about alcohol to be any good at this game, but now I think I should try to get mole rats into every thread tonight.  Something like Damaraland Bitter - Has a Bite like a Mole Rat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2004, 03:14:17 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Damaraland Bitter - Has a Bite like a Mole Rat.

You could probably sell massive quantities of this -- more on college campuses with good biology programs.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2004, 10:15:36 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
http://www.kutie.com/html/fotos/neko.html


Oh.  Oh, my.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2004, 11:18:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Oh.  Oh, my.


What's happened to your carefully monitored little world in your absence?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
If I Had A Liquor....
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 07:53:16 am »

WELL I DO DECLARE

she does not have much clothes on
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up