Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Neil Young is my American Idol  (Read 9371 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« on: February 29, 2004, 06:34:25 pm »

NEIL YOUNG INTERVIEW

I just love this guy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 11:12:26 pm »

Represent that; one of a very small handful of Canadian musicians I don't loathe.  Thanks for the link.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 11:40:30 pm »

I loathe him. One of the many Canadian musicians I do. Although I just discovered some more bands this weekend from Ontario who I dig, but that's beside the point.
WHat I don't always loathe is people covering Young. That can turn out very well. So in some ways I have to not loathe him.

Now I just confused myself.
I didn't go to sleep...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 12:40:07 am »

Quote from: "slink"
people covering Young


To whom are you referring?  I'm kind of intruiged.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 01:09:15 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

To whom are you referring?  I'm kind of intruiged.


Uhm. Well, the only one I can remember right now is Mark Lanegan doing a cover of Cinnamon Girl on Milanese radio which I have.
I am certainly aware of others but can't remember them right now. I'll have a think!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 01:17:44 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "andalucia"

To whom are you referring?  I'm kind of intruiged.


Uhm. Well, the only one I can remember right now is Mark Lanegan doing a cover of Cinnamon Girl on Milanese radio which I have.
I am certainly aware of others but can't remember them right now. I'll have a think!


Oh.  Duh {SMACKS FOREHEAD}.  I thought you meant you admired journalists who wrote about Neil Young.  Like you were some kind of music critic groupie or something.  Now I get it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 01:19:02 am »

Oh yeah, back OT.  I saw Neil Young do Greendale acoustic by himself on stage on a DirecTV freeview.  It was great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 02:48:06 am »

Bernard Shakey rules.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 02:53:33 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Represent that; one of a very small handful of Canadian musicians I don't loathe.  Thanks for the link.


I'm not sure that He's really even a Canadian anymore is he?  He's not lived in Canada for probably 40 years and like he states in his interview he's got 3 American kids and an American wife.  He pays his taxes, he's as American as anyone.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 02:55:07 am »

He also has recorded several songs with distinctly American points of view, and discussing American subjects.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 04:53:28 am »

Come on, just let us have him!  You can take Jim Carrey and Alanis Morissette, just leave us one celebrity I can respect.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 05:01:43 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Come on, just let us have him!  You can take Jim Carrey and Alanis Morissette, just leave us one celebrity I can respect.


Lots of great comedians from Up North.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 03:30:06 pm »

You've got Bryan Adams!

For my money, you can keep Jim Carrey.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 01:50:14 am »

Will you take Night Ranger back, though?

And thanks for John Candy. He was awesome.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Neil Young is my American Idol
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 03:45:55 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And thanks for John Candy. He was awesome.


Agreed.  Truly a god among men.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up