Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Nephew  (Read 3076 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Little Nephew
« on: March 02, 2004, 08:15:58 pm »

So, I got a new little nephew yesterday at 1:00 am or thereabouts. I like to think that this is an auspicious beginning to my journey - which will be starting in about 18 hours if I can finish packing and get the place cleaned in time. So, I'll probably talk to you folks in a week or two if I don't check when I get home (8 hoyurs from now, or about 7 pm my time). Cheers, all, and wish me luck!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Little Nephew
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 08:28:10 pm »

Good luck!
Assuming this is the monumental drive (? I lost track of time having been off doing things and shit), enjoy and hope it goes well. Car staying live and all!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Little Nephew
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 10:19:32 pm »

Congrats, and godspeed, N-Dogg.

Will you be transporting any fleur or fauna to the mainland?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Little Nephew
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 03:16:28 am »

Congrats on your new unclehood!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Little Nephew
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 03:51:28 am »

Well, it's unclehood for the 6th time, so I don't suppose I'll be much different. Also, I am transporting my cat through Canada, and I hope they don't give me any trouble about the bird flu. Other than that, at this time I am absolutely overwhelmed. I just got home and have packed most of my big shit into the UHaul and it's apparant that all my shit will not fit. So, my neighbors are going to get some free (to them, expensive to me) shit. Now I have to go scream. If I get everything done in time, I will say another goodbye, otherwise I have to leave here in some 10 or 11 houyrs and I am nowhere near done, and I will be much happier when I am driving and the anguish of actually packing and cleaning is over. I'll write if I get work (not really, I am keeping my job).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Little Nephew
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 03:57:20 am »

I know this is an expensive solution too, but I've always had to mail stuff to myself when I moved far distances.  Books, CDs, DVDs, etc.  They pack tightly into a box and ship well via UPS.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Little Nephew
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 04:01:31 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
So, what kinda uncle you plan on being?  The fun one, the grouchy one, the hermit, the nutter or the one everyone expects to go find a belltower one day?

Congrats, and have fun choosing your role.


It's a little sad that what was once the most imporant uncle of all has been rendered obsolete by the internet. I of course refer to the uncle that provides porn.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Little Nephew
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 05:31:56 am »

Congratulations! Now, then, get to the earnest task of teaching the whippersnapper how to put on a jimmy hat.

(Okay, so you have a few years, but...)

Jough's advice about mailing yourself stuff is very apt. That's how my parents and I managed to get a king's ransom in books from Alaska to Nebraska a few years ago, and it's probably how most of the same books will be making it from Nebraska to Louisiana this summer.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Little Nephew
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 06:39:29 am »

So you lived in Alaska and Nebraska and Massachusetts and Louisiana? Why Louisiana? Grad School? Job? Voodoo? I did grad school at Tulane myself...
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Little Nephew
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 07:03:59 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So you lived in Alaska and Nebraska and Massachusetts and Louisiana? Why Louisiana? Grad School? Job? Voodoo? I did grad school at Tulane myself...

It's mildly complicated. Suffice to say most of it has to do with my father's cascading mid-life crisis -- starting with "well, it looks like UAF is going to lay me off, so fuck it, let's go to Nebraska and I'll finally get my doctorate" when I was in middle school until now, when my parents are preparing to move again to Louisiana for Dad's teaching job. Meanwhile, here I am at college. Whee!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Little Nephew
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 09:40:33 pm »

OK, I'm in a cybercafe because my computer ain't set up yet, but here's how it went:

Day 1: ran out of gas, slight delay
Day 2: ran out of gas, slight delay
Day 3: tire came off trailer, nearly killed a guy, ran into blizzard, lengthy delay
Day 4: stuck at customs, guy in front of me got busted for smuggling, lengthy delay

What the fuck, I'm here now and it's like 70 degrees, the cat loves it, I got a beautiful house, and I'm with the absolute love of my life, whom I adore to no end - life is truly beautiful, and it is possible to have a good day!!!

Nabu
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Little Nephew
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 10:12:28 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

What the fuck, I'm here now and it's like 70 degrees, the cat loves it, I got a beautiful house, and I'm with the absolute love of my life, whom I adore to no end - life is truly beautiful, and it is possible to have a good day!!!

Hooray! I'm glad to hear that all went well (well, that all ended well, anyway), and it's good to hear that good days are possible.

Hooray and huzzah!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up