Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sexy Baptist Singles  (Read 3187 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sexy Baptist Singles
« on: March 04, 2004, 06:41:13 am »

I swear I just saw a google ad for meeting such people above the posts today. And one for Crohns and Colitis. These are some surreal banners we got going on...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:43:24 am »

I've noticed a lot of ads are en Français lately.

But of course Blog and Hosting ads seem to dominate.

I'm leaving it up just for the Dadaist amusement of it now.  They don't seem to be performing well here (what, don't you people need blogging software or web hosting?).

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 12:43:42 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

They don't seem to be performing well here.


I try to click them every visit, let them load, just so as you get some traffic through them.
I was thinking of recommending everyone else do that same, but I kind of gathered people would. Downside is, I don't know if it's business referral based or traffic based?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 12:49:10 pm »

I haven't seen anything but blog/web hosting ones.  I click on them when I remember, but that's not very often.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 02:18:07 pm »

I actually looked at one of the hosting ones seriously. I think it might have been a better deal than Jiffynet.
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 03:38:45 pm »

i'm thinking about moving my site to a different host sometime this summer when the year i paid for is up--i'd rather host with people who know what they're talking about.  so hopefully sometime soon i'll buy a domain name so that i won't lose traffic when i switch hosts.  i'm just not sure what's going to happen when i switch to a domain from my current subdomain, and when i asked my host if the subdomain would give the appropriate http codes to say that my site moved to the domain they didn't seem to know what i was talking about.  i get between 50 and 80 unique hits a day right now which probably isn't that much, but i'd still prefer to not lose it.

ps - ads?

pps - i hate that 'new topic' and 'post reply' are right next to each other.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 04:00:05 pm »

I highly recommend FatCow.  $99 for the year, plenty o' disk space and bandwidth, great tech support.  Been with them a year now and never had a problem.  (Be sure to put in bigfool.com as your referral!)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 04:42:21 pm »

I'm on the economy plan now. $20 a year for 2GB/month and 100MB storage. Plus unlimited POP3 which is 98% of the reason I wanted my own domain to begin with. Free accounts suck.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sexy Baptist Singles
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 04:51:04 pm »

I recommend TranquilHost.com, but then, well, I would. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up