Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march  (Read 7268 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« on: March 04, 2004, 01:35:25 pm »

:D  :D  :D
i love how beef and teodor's computing is likely to be unrelated to anything in this storyline, but allows beef to say chubby.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 01:58:22 pm »

Now I have a new way to order take-out.  I think a webcam on the front yard, capturing the struggle, is a must.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 01:59:24 pm »

Only 2.8GHz?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 04:14:46 pm »

Photoshop does not load in under 4 seconds with a 3.2Ghz configuration like that.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 04:43:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Photoshop does not load in under 4 seconds with a 3.2Ghz configuration like that.


When you're Roast Beef it does. Photoshop is all, "is this fast enough, Beef?" And he's all, "no!"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 05:00:06 pm »

I appreciate Beef's appreciation of the computer, if not any of its actual stats; I confess to also being the sort of person whose response is "that sounds nice" to computer stats like that instead of any real comprehension.

And Ray begins to go mercenary. Whee!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 05:01:48 pm »

All I know is, at the end of the day: someone has to get fired.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 05:06:13 pm »

Yo, there AIN'T no 12X DVD Burners out on the market yet. 12X read, maybe, but there sure as Hell ain't no 12X write. And if that drive's just a reader, the Teodor shouldn't really be bragging about it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 07:12:03 pm »

Frank Herbert.  Who knew?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 07:26:10 pm »

I'm Arthur C. Clarke.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 07:27:19 pm »

Just to note Jough - on my Barton 3200 at 400Mhz (which is for many tasks faster than Intel's 800Mhz) Photoshop loads in under 7 seconds.
And Photoshop is a program that runs better on Intel. But anyhow...

I totally dig this one. I love Ray's method of making the delivery guys compete. I wish they would do that kind of thing in real life, but I fear if I made them try no one would even turn up.
Maybe one day!



Olaf Stapledon. By the way. I was scared I was gonna be Heller or Orwell given how I started out.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 07:28:31 pm »

I'm Gregory Benford.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 08:16:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure Photoshop loads in six seconds on my home machine, but I don't recall its stats at all right now.

I have a feeling Ray's front yard will be littered with torn-off remnants of delivery uniforms and such by the end of the week -- the detritus of battle.

(looks like I'm Alfred Bester.  I'm all The Stars My Destination, byatches!)*

* No idea what I'm trying to say there, actually.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 08:26:28 pm »

I just timed it - Photoshop only takes 8 seconds to load on my machine (1.8Ghz Athlon) but it feels like longer.

It would probably be a lot faster if I didn't have so many filters and fonts installed - it seems to spend most of that load time loading them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up