Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march  (Read 7262 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 08:32:25 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

It would probably be a lot faster if I didn't have so many filters and fonts installed - it seems to spend most of that load time loading them.


Yea, that's the problem I have with it. And it is frustrating since 90% of the times I load it I just want an image editor real quick.
I have to reinstall windows tonight, what with it crashing all the time (I fear my GPU fan is sticking again) so I will check a fresh install's load time later. 'Cause I'm real sad.

And welcome back Fero... All's well I guess?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 08:36:27 pm »

There's a trick with Acrobat where if you hold the Shift key while it's opening it will load without loading any plugins.  I wonder if it works with Photoshop too?

EDIT: Nope.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 08:49:47 pm »

I, too, am Gregory Benford.


and this should inspire Onstad to add a penquin character:

http://andrewg1323.uk.ro/ping.swf

also my high score is 1118.3
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 09:00:44 pm »

apparently, i am "This page requires JavaScript."

am i the ONLY one who thinks no page should ever require javascript?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 09:15:27 pm »

I'm Heinlein today. I am pretty sure I gave the same answers as yesterday but yesterday I was a writer I have never heard of - wrote about dystopias...Brunner?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 09:21:42 pm »

It's a shame we probably won't get to see how Lazarus eats his teriyaki.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 09:21:48 pm »

I just hope this doesn't turn into one of those fora where every single member has like 16 grapics in their sig all saying things like "You Are: Neo/Hulk Hogan/Boromir/Rygel" with a fancy graphic and quick paragraph. That would be sad.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 09:38:52 pm »

I'm William Gibson. Not precisely what I expected, but hey.

On-topic: can Lazarus even eat? This is actually a pretty big paradox: what is the interest of a tasseled loafer in mass capitalism when a loafer cannot participate in consumption, the greatest duty and greatest reward of capitalism? Is it just an academic thing for Lazarus?!

... wow, pretentious.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 11:03:24 pm »

Quote from: "misterhaan"

am i the ONLY one who thinks no page should ever require javascript?


I was about to link you to a discussion we had on the subject. But it was you who started it anyway, so I won't bother!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 11:30:33 pm »

Another Benford. Maybe I should read this guy's work.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 11:30:50 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I just hope this doesn't turn into one of those fora where every single member has like 16 grapics in their sig all saying things like "You Are: Neo/Hulk Hogan/Boromir/Rygel" with a fancy graphic and quick paragraph. That would be sad.


OK but can Asherdan PLEASE put that thing back in his sig so that this thread makes a TINY bit of sense?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2004, 12:04:28 am »

I was a Polish man I'd not heard of, but the description was ok.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2004, 01:51:57 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I was a Polish man I'd not heard of, but the description was ok.


By any chance, were you Stanislaw Lem?  I mostly gave up reading SF, but there's always a warm spot in my heart for Lem (and Phillip K Dick, and a few others).

I am Hal Clement it seems, but then I wasn't very honest in my answeres (because the right ones were not available).  Never heard of him...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2004, 01:52:40 am »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
please lord have mercy on this one man's soul - 04 march
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2004, 02:05:44 am »

Yet another Gregory Benford.  I've never heard of him.  This site isn't hosted by Gregorybenford.com by any chance is it?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up