Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Useless flash games  (Read 4439 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« on: March 04, 2004, 11:29:35 pm »

I love 'em. No better time wasters in the universe. Here's my current favorite: http://www.medianetjapan.com/2/19/entertainment/grow/. A bizzare and wonderful logic puzzle that took me a good hour and a half to solve. Any more to recommend? I've got some time to kill.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 12:28:12 am »

Just the obvious (popcap.com) but hey, you can't go wrong with any of those.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 01:57:44 am »

I've seen that GROW game (Mite's link) before, but I didn't then and don't now have the slightest idea what the objective is, or how to go about reaching it. Any hints/tips?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 03:21:38 am »

Each object that you drag to the center can cause certain other objects to grow.  The objective is to discover the correct order in which to select the objects so that each thing reaches its maximum potential.

The art is also pretty cool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Useless flash games
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 04:24:41 am »

Holy Christ, Mite.  Up until an hour or two ago, I used to be someone... I had hopes, dreams, plans for the future.  Now it's all gone, vanished as I sit comatose, trying to make *****s grow on an flying orb.

By which I mean thanks for the link... it's incredible.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 04:37:43 am »

In the highly unlikely event someone would want to cheat, the solution is HERE.  Scroll down.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 11:26:16 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Holy Christ, Mite.  Up until an hour or two ago, I used to be someone... I had hopes, dreams, plans for the future.  Now it's all gone, vanished as I sit comatose, trying to make *****s grow on an flying orb.

Ain't it great? Nothing kicks my OCD into high gear like a dumb-ass puzzle.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Useless flash games
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 02:24:04 pm »

Goofy little Japanese Shockwave games involving kitties!
http://ece4co.vis.ne.jp/index.html

My favorite is "Nekotama," the one where you drop cat heads down the chutes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 07:05:49 pm »

GROW is listed on Lore Sjöaut;berg's newest site, Little Fluffy Industries, along with a host of other flash games.

I miss happypuppy.com's valid list of active web games.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 08:22:54 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
GROW is listed on Lore Sjoberg's newest site, Little Fluffy Industries, along with a host of other flash games.

I miss happypuppy.com's valid list of active web games.


OT: Did you see he's listed as a staff writer for Wired now?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 08:31:20 pm »

OT: yes I did, but the article I read didn't keep my interest terribly well.

META: there really needs to be a way to use encoded characters on this messageboard.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 08:34:08 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
OT: yes I did, but the article I read didn't keep my interest terribly well.

META: there really needs to be a way to use encoded characters on this messageboard.


Further OT: Yeah, he talked about online comics I think but didn't even mention he has his own (which should've been a disclosure).

META: the & codes for gt, lt, and / work. I dunno why the o didn't. I bet if you pasted from the character map it would be fine.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 04:51:19 am »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Goofy little Japanese Shockwave games involving kitties!

Oooh - can anybody figure out the one in the cave? I found all the treasure chest thingies, but it seems there's something else to do.

And I found grow from the slumbering lunggiraffe link too, another recent addition to my bookmarks.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Useless flash games
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 06:27:35 am »

Mite, there's only one other thing to do: Look for a section of floor that's disappeared, and go through the new hole. What do you get? I'll tell you.


[A message reads: "TO BE CONTINUE" - yes, that exactly.]

edit: why don't we have a [spoiler] tag anyway? [spoiler]we really ought to.[/spoiler]
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up