Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rainbow On Stage  (Read 1984 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« on: March 05, 2004, 04:40:22 am »

Can I get a shout out for this album?  It's Ronnie James Dio's finest moment and damn near Richie Blackmore's too.  I saw a latter day version of Rainbow perform, but this band (the same that made Rainbow Rising) was the band that really did it.  I was fortunate to see Cozy Powell pound the skins for Brian May some 10 years ago.  He's one of the greats and it really sucks that he's dead.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:25:56 am »

No one in here digs Richie Blackmore, that's fucked up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 04:40:45 am »

Who?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 04:41:33 am »

Yeah, well you don't like Jasper Ffonde, so ppphhhhhbbbbtttt.
 :D
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 04:42:02 am »

I dig Ritchie Blackmore, to a limited degree.  He's an excellent guitarist, but I can't stand Ian Gillan's voice, so there's only about 3 Purple tunes floating around here.  Rainbow never appealed to me for some reason, even though I love Dio-era Sabbath.  OK, I take that back - God help me, I still look back fondly on some of the Joe Lynn Turner red leather jacket era.  

But now that he's turned into a guy whose license plate says RENFAIR, give break please.

ETA: wow, now that was a cluster posting.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 04:58:00 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Who?


C'mon slink, you're the moderator of this forum and you don't know who Richie Blackmore is?  That's embarrasing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 04:59:39 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
Yeah, well you don't like Jasper Ffonde, so ppphhhhhbbbbtttt.
 :D


Well I might, but there was really nothing there to recommend him.  A Dodo that goes plock, what the hell does that even mean?

Sorry all, i'm in a really cranky mood.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 05:02:56 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
But now that he's turned into a guy whose license plate says RENFAIR, give break please.


You should give him a break, he's an old man.  Funny though as I was listening today I was thinking this shit rocks like a m/f, but these lyrics are straight up renfair.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rainbow On Stage
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 05:57:13 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

C'mon slink, you're the moderator of this forum and you don't know who Richie Blackmore is?  That's embarrasing.

~Paul


Well, I could go find out, but the name put me off - Rainbow that is.
Dio-era Sabbath also puts me off (I could only stand early Sabbath).
While I listen to a fair amount of old music, though I hate to call it old, since it's just music goddamnit, I don't have the same amount of knowledge of band members for some of the bands I only listen to the odd bit by, as for newer bands. And there are very few newer bands that I like as much as pre 90's stuff.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up