Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04  (Read 10093 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 07:49:32 pm »

I would've called the thread "stage one retinal failure."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2004, 07:57:11 pm »

Jough doesn't like my thread titles *sniff*.  I guess this means it's all over between us?  I knew I shouldn't have been such a tease about the steam tunnels.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2004, 11:26:51 pm »

Did anyone else think that this strip looks like Onstad did't draw it. dude needs to quit with this camera angle experimentation.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 11:34:16 pm »

If at any point anyone posts slash here, I'll help Jough with the ritual purging. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN.

(Yeah, I used to be a Lord of the Rings fangirl. Never again will I have a fandom sullied! ... picture me with fire in my eyes, shaking a fist at the cruel world, and this sounds a whole lot better.)
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 01:27:01 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
Did anyone else think that this strip looks like Onstad did't draw it. dude needs to quit with this camera angle experimentation.

I didn't notice it at the ass-crack of dawn when I first read the thing, but on second glance, Ray's face looks hell of decrepit. And not just from the booze.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 02:06:25 am »

I just wrote it off as a bad angle. To keep Ray's face and the shoe in the shot he should've kept Ray's face to the side like in panel 5 or it's opposite the whole time. Looking at the bottom of his head like that is just wrong.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 02:33:13 am »

I actually liked the angle and what it did to Ray's face.
Something about it. Don't know what.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 03:37:06 am »

I also wondered if this was a guest strip.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2004, 06:14:11 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I found it a little odd that Lazarus was still on Ray's foot, even in bed.  Of course, the Old Windmill probably aided in that decision process.


Ray also neglected to remove his glasses.  Did the Old Windmill aid in that decision process as well?  I know I've been drunk - I mean whole bottle of Johnny Walker Red + 3/4 bottle of Courvosier + x number of beers + some screwdrivers, but that's never caused me to wear my glasses to bed.  

Oh, and the greatest line in this strip? - Old Windmill is tasty!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2004, 06:24:27 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
I know I've been drunk - I mean whole bottle of Johnny Walker Red + 3/4 bottle of Courvosier + x number of beers + some screwdrivers, but that's never caused me to wear my glasses to bed.


Why do people like to brag that they nearly poisoned themselves to death.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2004, 06:38:13 pm »

Heck - I fall asleep with my glasses on sometimes even without the benefit of booze. That's what happens when you're too blind to see a book even when it's 6 inches in front of your face.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2004, 06:56:30 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Heck - I fall asleep with my glasses on sometimes even without the benefit of booze. That's what happens when you're too blind to see a book even when it's 6 inches in front of your face.


Can I get a w00t from my doggz who can't even read the E on the eye chart?

W00t!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2004, 07:06:24 pm »

Ahem.  (Glasses since age 3 and fallen asleep in them regularly, both booze and non-booze related.)

WOOT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 07:18:43 pm »

I just love women who wear glasses.  I have a huge crush on Brett Somers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up