Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04  (Read 10073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2004, 04:55:49 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
 I mean, in the springtime, when the grass is greenest, he says it looks like the ground is on fire.  What could be cooler than that?  



This is like my favorite thing.  The vibrant, explosive green of the grass in early spring.  I love it and this explains a lot about why I live where I do.  When I get my money, I'm buying a digital camera and I'll post pictures of where I live.

Mrs. West and I were just talking about this very thing earlier today.  Thursday everything was still brown and grey.  Suddenly POW on Friday there are flashes of green everywhere.  We have crocuses.  The forsythia will be blooming soon.  I can plant lettuce as soon as it dries up a little.  There'll be big-ass thunderstorms soon.

I love this time of year.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2004, 05:04:35 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I've never worn contacts, and am far beyond being able to now.

I put my glasses on my desk (it's low and within arm's reach of my bed) when I go to sleep, and pick them up and put them on before I even leave the bed.

I take them off pretty much only to sleep and shower.  They're pretty much always dirty, even five minutes after I've just cleaned them.


You clean your classes?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2004, 05:10:52 am »

In glasses since 9th grade (12? 13?) and first got contacts at 17, for acting. Except for the past month or so, I tend to alternate between the two daily. I got a new set of frameless specs, so it's not so big an issue with me. The reason I prefer contacts is that I'd rather others not consider them part of my face - plus, my eyelashes are long enough to rub against the lenses. Contacts are a good way to let people know that, Hey- I'm not just a pair of glasses, plus they more accurately reflect perspective, since they don't shift your percieved focal point out to in front of your face like glasses do.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2004, 05:11:47 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
You clean your classes?


I have a special shammy (chamois?) for mine.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2004, 05:22:45 am »

See, were I a sociologist, I'd be desperately tempted to see if the correlation suggested on this thread between older age of first receiving glasses and higher tendency towards contact usage actually held.

My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick. However, I'm almost certain that astigmatism makes contact lenses suboptimal, and astigmatism is something I have rather too much of.

I have a glasses chamois around here somewhere, but I don't know where it is, so it's shirt edges for me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2004, 05:25:22 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
my eyelashes are long enough to rub against the lenses.


Figures.  Men always get the good eyelashes.  


Quote from: "CortJstr"
You clean your [g]lasses?


Some of us are neurotic that way.  That, and we like to actually, ya know, see.  

I have to clean mine daily, because I get nose prints on the outsides every time Pedro kisses me.  I guess I kind of like that.  Especially when he kisses me outside in cold weather and my glasses get all foggy.  It just might be the most adorable thing in the universe.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2004, 05:40:20 am »

I find that one of the (few) benefits to wearing a tie is that it can be used as a handy, lint-free lens polishing cloth.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2004, 05:56:40 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Figures.  Men always get the good eyelashes.  


All my girlfriends bitch at me about that (that is SO's and non). And I too have the problem with them touching the lenses which feels horrible.
I really shoudl wear glasses since I am quite long sighted, and both my eyes are scarily different (people putting on my glasses always want to throw up immediately). But I haven't bothered to get new lenses in ages.
Costs money you know!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2004, 06:44:42 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

When I get my money, I'm buying a digital camera and I'll post pictures of where I live.


August won.  Congratulations, but I thought it was decided to keep this information secret.  Wait, am I the only one that didn't know this?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2004, 07:25:44 am »

I think we all suspected.

Of course, he could be talking about his tax refund.

Or the money he's been embezzling from the gov't.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2004, 07:29:23 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I think we all suspected.

Of course, he could be talking about his tax refund.

Or the money he's been embezzling from the gov't.


I'll be e-filing tomorrow night.  My refund should be here in 10 days or so.  What did you think I was talking about?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2004, 08:48:08 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I think we all suspected.


Well YEAH, but now all the suspense is gone.  I guess now the only question we have to wait til April to discover is how much.

Say August, what camera have you got your eye on?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2004, 03:57:07 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick.


For the  same reason my doctor tells me to get the smallest frames I can. It makes the lenses seem thinner since so much is cut off.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2004, 04:07:04 pm »

I've got worse astigmatism than near-sightedness, and I'm still able to see with contacts. However, I'll never be a candidate for any eye surgery because my pupils are ridiculously big-- too close to where they usually do the slice-em' dice-em'.

I know I'm making myself out to look like some sort of Anime creation, but rest assured my proportions are all correct, except for my eyelashes and pupils.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2004, 05:31:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick.


For the  same reason my doctor tells me to get the smallest frames I can. It makes the lenses seem thinner since so much is cut off.

Yep, doing that too. And they're still coke-bottles... admittedly, not as badly as they were when I was still in plastic frames, so every little bit helps.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up