Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Icons for XP  (Read 2767 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Icons for XP
« on: March 05, 2004, 07:51:48 pm »

No mention of these?  Has anyone tried them yet?

I think they look really snazzy, even if I would never actually use them on my PC.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 08:27:54 pm »

I'm not big on changing icons. I don't usually have others on my machine but I like to keep things lean and findable. So the icons would normally only show up as little tiny shortcuts.

And why is Ray in the hat?
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 09:12:52 pm »

i too think they look good, but what the crap am i going to use them for?  well nothing -- that's what.  so they will just sit in my icons directory until the end of time or something.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:16:52 pm »

I just installed Homestar Runner icons a couple weeks ago.  So I'll have to give it some time before Beef becomes My Documents.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 09:47:58 pm »

anyone else notice that there's a desktop.ini and a thumbs.db file in the zip?

thumbs.db adds a useless 11k, and the desktop.ini tells us that whoever made the zip file used the todd's van icon for this directory, which was on his desktop under sandbox\ache_icons\achewood_icons\

just found that interesting . . .
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 09:53:34 pm »

You mean anyone here uses XP?
Woah!

I can't see me using any of them either funnily enough but then I never usually use specialised icons anyway. Too erm, un-utilitarian for me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 06:48:22 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And why is Ray in the hat?


EVERYONE likes to see a man in a "Handsome Pork Pie Hat."
Logged

conure

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 09:41:25 am »

They look good as pics, but icons that look at you are creepy no matter who. Hmm, not fer me.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Icons for XP
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 05:12:23 pm »

basically I think they are okay, I sometimes need a unique icon to mark a shortcut to a directory that I use alot, so I dont have like fifty little folder icons marking the directory I am using to store information about all the projects I am working on.  But when I finish a project or a client runs out of money, I archive the folder and stop using a shortcut (my quicklaunch bar is already wrapped 3 times across my 1600x1440 res screen) and I dont like to reuse icons like that because they dont do any good if I cant remember what they are for. so probably they are gonna be good for a few months, and then one by one filter into disuse.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: [1]   Go Up