Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line in the Sand  (Read 9088 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Line in the Sand
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2003, 08:34:00 pm »

OK, now that we've got the little army men straightened out, who's the new friend he made and why did he grow up to be a podiatrist?  Dang, we don't all have a poet's facility with metaphor here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Line in the Sand
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2003, 08:49:04 pm »

Onstad's the friend, and I just pulled podiatrist out of my rectum.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Line in the Sand
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2003, 09:16:47 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Onstad's the friend, and I just pulled podiatrist out of my rectum.


That's gotta hurt man! Oh, wait...
I feel it was more surreal than poetic, despite the poetic rhetoric. OK, more surreal in content, poetic in structure. There...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Line in the Sand
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2003, 09:28:03 pm »

What?  Then who's Carl?  I thought Carl was Onstad.  I thought the same initial letter was the clue.  Wouldn't that be a literary thing to do?

This board is too deep for me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Line in the Sand
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2003, 09:41:31 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
What?  Then who's Carl?  I thought Carl was Onstad.  I thought the same initial letter was the clue.  Wouldn't that be a literary thing to do?

This board is too deep for me.


Yeah, Carl was Onstad.  I guess I goofed.  I made the name "Carl" because it had the same initial letter.

Okay, I guess the "friend" was really just laziness, then.

The "friend" was pretty much meant to be an abstract concept of no longer moderating a forum.

I don't see how any of this is relevant.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: Line in the Sand
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2003, 09:43:17 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
JL, what do you say to someone who's done you dirty after all of those years?


You get your OWN fuckin' sandbox, and then you kick out all of YOUR friends if they won't do what you want!  DUH!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Line in the Sand
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2003, 03:10:59 am »

Let's try at least making one post that's interesting.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Line in the Sand
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2003, 05:48:55 am »

Quote
my brother and I used to play an elaborate game with the "army guys" (as we called them) -- he had literally thousands of them.


Uhhh, I didn't have too many army men, but my sister had a lot of Barbies and we used to play Barbie games.  I liked to pretend the barbies were in a Tarzan and Jane scenario and make clothes for them out of blades of grass.  Ok I know, i've got issues, no need to tell me again.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up