Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)  (Read 7081 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« on: August 05, 2003, 06:34:12 pm »

I had a moment on Sunday that came straight out of a certain guest strip.  I was hanging out with some friends of mine when I felt something in my shoe.  I took my shoe off, but it turned out the thing was inside my sock.  Shook my sock, and what came tumbling out: A googly eye.

I don't even own googly eyes, much less come near anyone/anything that has 'em.

WEIRD
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 06:36:14 pm »

Damn that Lyle!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 06:46:31 pm »

Ah Furious J, I'm so sorry to hear that.  You see, you have contracted The Phage and your body will now start producing googly eyes at a rate of about 1 every other day.  The men from The Corporation will be along soon to take you to the communities, where people like you can live out relatively normal lives.

(what?  Where did you think they came from?)
Logged

Kelly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/kviva59/Artworks_by_Kelly_Vivanco.html
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 07:01:20 pm »

mission accomplished!
Logged

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 07:21:46 pm »

HOO-HA!
Logged

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 07:33:07 pm »

Kelly, do you have some sort of fantablous avatar generating machine?  Can I get in on this?
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 08:09:00 pm »

::swears revenge on you all::
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 10:23:46 pm »

I have to admit, I think being able to produce googly eyes on command would be an awesome superpower. Or at least a pretty neat party trick.

If nothing else, you could scare kids: "hey, what's that behind your ear? It's... an EYE! And another! And another! NOOOOOOOOOOOO..."
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 10:52:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have to admit, I think being able to produce googly eyes on command would be an awesome superpower. Or at least a pretty neat party trick.

If nothing else, you could scare kids: "hey, what's that behind your ear? It's... an EYE! And another! And another! NOOOOOOOOOOOO..."


Man, too much Achewood... I see that NOOOOOOO and I see it more as a 'nooooooo' re. Phillippe in The Saddest Thing strips!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Kelly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/kviva59/Artworks_by_Kelly_Vivanco.html
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 11:03:54 pm »

Quote from: "Capn"
Kelly, do you have some sort of fantablous avatar generating machine?  Can I get in on this?


It is in my head. No! No! Get out of my head!

Next avatar...I'm thinkin' googly eye creepy cats.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 02:06:10 am »

Quote from: "Capn"
Ah Furious J, I'm so sorry to hear that.  You see, you have contracted The Phage and your body will now start producing googly eyes at a rate of about 1 every other day.  The men from The Corporation will be along soon to take you to the communities, where people like you can live out relatively normal lives.

(what?  Where did you think they came from?)


A million points for using the term Phage, I thank you on behalf of each and every microbiology geek on this board.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 03:10:02 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Capn"
Ah Furious J, I'm so sorry to hear that.  You see, you have contracted The Phage and your body will now start producing googly eyes at a rate of about 1 every other day.  The men from The Corporation will be along soon to take you to the communities, where people like you can live out relatively normal lives.

(what?  Where did you think they came from?)


A million points for using the term Phage, I thank you on behalf of each and every microbiology geek on this board.

See, you bringing in microbiology just makes me combine Capn's joke with microbio phages, making me picture googly eyes that eat virii.

"The bad news, sir, is that you're HIV-positive. The good news is that it should clear up in a month or two if you ingest a packet of googly eyes a night. I'm writing you a prescription to take to JoAnn's Crafts..."
Logged

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2003, 07:18:49 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

See, you bringing in microbiology just makes me combine Capn's joke with microbio phages, making me picture googly eyes that eat virii.


I made this at work.  Yes that's right, I risked getting FIRED to bring you this:
Logged

Freddie Fractions

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2003, 08:57:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Man, too much Achewood... I see that NOOOOOOO and I see it more as a 'nooooooo' re. Phillippe in The Saddest Thing strips!


I always hear 'noooo' now as what applesauce and pork chops would say to each other...
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
something weird that happened (think Guest Strips)
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2003, 10:52:05 pm »

Quote from: "Capn"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

See, you bringing in microbiology just makes me combine Capn's joke with microbio phages, making me picture googly eyes that eat virii.


I made this at work.  Yes that's right, I risked getting FIRED to bring you this: (image went here)

Wow. I think this is the first time that I've made a joke that's somehow almost gotten somebody fired for making images of fanged googly eyes at work. Thank you; this is a very special moment.

(Now, to get an image host and make that thing my avatar...)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up