Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004  (Read 7767 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 04:10:26 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Man, Palm Trees got INDIGNANT up in this piece!


Jough isn't a prick he just plays one on the internet.  I almost named my mixdisc that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2004, 04:12:17 am »

Man, I believed this message board to be a place of PEACE.
No, seriously, I really like the "Venom" theory. So, if Ray is Eddie Brock, and Lazarus is the symbiote, WHO WILL HOLD ME WHEN I CRY?????

Oh, yeah, is anybody reading the "Venom" comic that's out now? With the crazy art? Did anyone notice that all of a sudden the Invisible Woman's got back?

plan: defuse tension with mixture of self-deprication and social awkwardness.Check.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 04:15:07 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Did anyone notice that all of a sudden the Invisible Woman's got back?



If she's invisible, how can you tell?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 04:32:13 am »

I like the strip, but that doesn't mean I'm going to necessarily suck Onstad's dick and say that every strip is great.  If that's what you want to do, then pucker up, buttercup.

Every artist is going to have highs and lows in their career.  I'm a big Truffaut fan, but not so much that I can't recognise that "Love on the Run" is just not a good movie.

I think it gets over-bashed - and I still have a fondness for the overall Doinel series - just like I mostly enjoy Achewood - but sometimes strips just stink up the joint, and with the exception of that limo line that kinda made me chuckle a bit the talking shoe thing is now officially played out.

I guess if today's strip wasn't so lame I would've liked it more.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 04:38:53 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Did anyone notice that all of a sudden the Invisible Woman's got back?


Are we talking about Sue Storm Richards?



I think she's always had a nice can.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 04:57:17 am »

I love how we can go from strip discussion to mini-flamewar to consideration of the Invisible Woman's "can" within 20 posts or less. This board is quality, yo.

(Incidentally, she really is sort of wasted on Reed, isn't she?)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 05:16:22 am »

I just realized that my last post would have been appropriate for the boy in the picture.  I've come a long way haven't I...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 05:26:12 am »

I think that if the Lazarus storyline is going to continue and the Philippe For President storyline is going to continue, introducing the other shoe and having them do ideological battle with Philippe's presidency as the battleground (which seems to be where it's going, to me) is about the best way to do it.

And Leopold didn't make Teodor shank that ball. DESTINY made Teodor shank that ball.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 05:41:35 am »

Okay, pick up the latest copy of the "Venom" comic; you don't have to buy it, but it couldn't hurt, it's a really good read. If you look at the like 3rd page, Sue Storm is using a force-field to separate Eddie Brock from Venom. There's a back shot and LORDY. They totally gave her J-Lo booty, and she's STACKED now. Sorry to be so crude, but it actually made me feel kinda weird. I mean, in the imaginary fake world I've invested so much time in, Sue Storm is a mother, man!
HOW DO I COPE WHEN FAKE PEOPLE GET TOO SEXY?

I'm actually going to start a comics thread over in the literature part.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 05:53:29 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Sorry to be so crude, but it actually made me feel kinda weird.


Kinda tingly all over, right?

Quote

HOW DO I COPE WHEN FAKE PEOPLE GET TOO SEXY?

One word -- masturbation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 05:57:12 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
One word -- masturbation.

DOOD! WE'RE BEING ALL SUBTLE! SHHHHHH!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2004, 06:05:43 am »

Up until the mid- to late-eighties, I thought it was understood that Reed and Sue were like in their late thirties. Reed and Sue were like mother and father figures, you know? Then come like one million dumbasses voting with their dollars and suddenly the Invisible Woman (as you correctly pointed out, a mother) is assembled from parts left over from Aircel's Testosterfest '93. Congratulations, everyone in the Marvel Universe suddenly has the build and emotional development of an athletic nineteen-year-old.

I mean, hell, when I was just a wee one, I owned and adored a copy of Lee / Buscema's How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way, and Sue Richards was held up as an example of an average woman. Now she's got an hourglass that would make the fuck*ng Time Commander green with envy. I like beautiful women as much as I dislike having to swallow transparent pandering to the Lowest Common Denominator; you can see the problem here.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 10:05:48 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I like the strip, but that doesn't mean I'm going to necessarily suck Onstad's dick and say that every strip is great.  If that's what you want to do, then pucker up, buttercup.

Every artist is going to have highs and lows in their career.  I'm a big Truffaut fan, but not so much that I can't recognise that "Love on the Run" is just not a good movie.

I think it gets over-bashed - and I still have a fondness for the overall Doinel series - just like I mostly enjoy Achewood - but sometimes strips just stink up the joint, and with the exception of that limo line that kinda made me chuckle a bit the talking shoe thing is now officially played out.

I guess if today's strip wasn't so lame I would've liked it more.


 :D i see now
you see guys, all i was after was an answer to my question

also, i am well disappointed to have missed out on mixdisc fame. WHY YOU TORMENT ME, RITCHIE?
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 11:20:12 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
HOW DO I COPE WHEN FAKE PEOPLE GET TOO SEXY?

Dude, try being a Scary Go Round fan. That strip kills me ON A DAILY BASIS. Especially now that we've got our old Ryan back. Yum.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Important fuck*ng Shoes - 11 March 2004
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 12:19:46 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Dude, try being a Scary Go Round fan.


BRITISH MIDRIFFS ON PARADE
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up