Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurm?  (Read 25212 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hurm?
« on: March 14, 2004, 05:33:12 pm »

Where is everybody?  

Another sale at Arby's?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 05:38:24 pm »

It's been a busy weekend.  I organized my sock drawer and i've still got to wash my hair.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 06:32:07 pm »

Nothing going on this weekend. Well, there's a new Alias. And judging by the glut of commercials Comcast is shoving down my throat apparently Wrestlemania is tonight.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 06:42:13 pm »

Well, I don't know about you all, but I've been getting laid. The SO's in town, so I don't have a lot of spare time to post. Actually (looks over into the other room), I'd better be going now.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 08:40:58 pm »

Good on you, Mite.  Although that post + your rank = probably the wrong mental image.

I should be writing a lab report (don't ask), cleaning my apartment, looking for a job, or at least answering the stack of un-acknowledged email.  Instead I'm here....

I need a life.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hurm?
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 08:54:34 pm »

I'm kinda back now.
There's a bajillion things I oughta be doing to catch up on lost time, but well, I got a coupla weeks.

Plus I'm still not eating and I'm sleeping lots of the day, so I'm not really fully existent yet.

Oh and my brain doesn't work but then how many times has that been saud by me!?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 09:55:48 pm »

Been busy working, obsessing over how much longer I will have a job, being cranky at all of you for not posting amusing things to take my mind off my troubles, and being unable to think of an amusing post-worthy thing to say about any of this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hurm?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 01:31:30 am »

This weekend, I have:

* Roleplayed. Twice. Shamelessly.
* Been to an organizational meeting for our campus humor magazine
* Slept too much

I still need to write a paper prospectus about the evolutionary adaptivity of cannibalism in giraffe. Yay me.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 02:37:50 am »

Lessee, since Friday I've:

-- Attended a public hearing held by a Federal Agency to defend my agency,

-- Driven 350 miles to attend a funeral,

-- Driven 100 miles to take daughter to orchestra practice,

-- Attended an award ceremony with daughter wherein the entertainment was an Asian Elvis Impersonator (he was indubitably the finest Asian Elvis Impersonator I've ever seen in Shelbyville!)

-- Attended daughter's orchestra concert,

-- Watched or listened to at least 4 college basketball games,

-- Had an utterly horrible restaurant experience,

-- Been to Target (twice!), CompUSA, Lowe's, Barnes and Noble, Value City, Kroger (three times!), Best Buy and Wild Oats, and

-- Checked in here once.

Man, it's nice to sit for a while.  I need a drink.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hurm?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 02:48:27 am »

Must be nice to be spending all of that Jeopardy money. ;)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 03:01:27 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Must be nice to be spending all of that Jeopardy money. ;)


1.  No comment.
2.  If there were to be any, it wouldn't get here 'til August.
3.  If there were to be any, it would be going to pay off my credit cards.  And to buy Ritalin for Onstad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 03:52:04 am »

I've pretty much been sitting on my ass all weekend. I watched Blood Work; went to church Saturday Night Hippy Service and Sunday Morning Standard Service, went out to eat twice and spend the better part of today at a 4th Birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. They sell beer at this location, and it's required.

The weather has been Hawaii Winter, windy and rainy until this afternoon. Nothng has been accomplished and no one was saved this weekend.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 04:17:15 am »

Ever since this happened, I've been posting less and less period, to prove that I am indeed a normal, functioning member of society.

Plus, I've been busy. The missus flew her best friend up from Orlando, and we've been painting the town red. Plus we threw a dinner party (mini-capreses, pumpkin soup, osso bucco with garlic mashed potato(e)s, and homemade macaroons) and, of course, WIMMIN BE SHOPPIN.

It's nice to sit down, quoth August, and I heartily agree.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 04:30:15 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
...and Wild Oats...

Hot damn, I just realized that we live in the same city now. Have you check out the other new Whole Foods market place on Shelbyville?

I've been busy seeing all of the friends I missed in 7 months of New York, getting my driver's license back, eating at all of the fast-food restaurants I missed, getting my dad's yellow Schwinn (now known as the "Yellow Peril") out of the garage, repairing it and riding it for the first time in probably 10 years, and trying, desperately, to get a job. It actually looks like I'll be working part-time at a video store and at a movie theater.
The only problem: I think I bruised my asshole riding that damn bike.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 05:21:53 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
...and Wild Oats...

Hot damn, I just realized that we live in the same city now. Have you check out the other new Whole Foods market place on Shelbyville?



Nope I haven't, but my parents have.  They say it's comparable to Wild Oats, but a little pricier (which is saying something, in my book.)  Perhaps we should meet there for lunch one Saturday.  Of course, we could old school it and go by Lotsa Pasta.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up