Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurm?  (Read 25257 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hurm?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 05:59:37 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Ever since this happened, I've been posting less and less period, to prove that I am indeed a normal, functioning member of society.


I cannot imagine a time in which the Variety Hour section was unlocked, and yet, there it is. Visuo-graphic proof in Compuserve's Graphic Interchange Format. This makes it official sounding and therefore unassailable.

From which I'm given to wonder: does pointing out that the "Theme to Ray's Place" is the worst goddamned thing I have ever heard fall under the "Ray's Place" thread (as it is, after all, the "Theme to Ray's Place") or the now-locked "Achewood Variety Hour" thread (as the song was, thankfully, created by people who do not actually have any creative input into Achewood itself)? My nine ultra right-wing homeschooled children eagerly await the judgment of the majority.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 06:27:05 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
....go by Lotsa Pasta.

Oh HELLS no. My ex-girlfriend works there, man, and she's the last person I want to see. But I love me some Wild Oats; last year, for about a month, I was home alone and I rocked out to Wild Oats sushi at least once a week. Let's do this thing, man
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hurm?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 07:45:31 am »

There's a place called "Lotsa Pasta" just over the border in Delaware - I'm thinking it's a very very common name for an Italian restaurant.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 12:48:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
There's a place called "Lotsa Pasta" just over the border in Delaware - I'm thinking it's a very very common name for an Italian restaurant.


We've got Hasta la Pasta.  Even the Italian restaurants gotta tex mex flair.  Ugh...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hurm?
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:39 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

From which I'm given to wonder: does pointing out that the "Theme to Ray's Place" is the worst goddamned thing I have ever heard fall under the "Ray's Place" thread (as it is, after all, the "Theme to Ray's Place") or the now-locked "Achewood Variety Hour" thread (as the song was, thankfully, created by people who do not actually have any creative input into Achewood itself)? My nine ultra right-wing homeschooled children eagerly await the judgment of the majority.

I would certainly accept it as an aside in "Ray's Place," mostly because the VH forum is almost certainly never opening again unless one of us goes insane.

EDIT: Behold my work, ye mighty, and despair.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 02:37:27 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
There's a place called "Lotsa Pasta" just over the border in Delaware - I'm thinking it's a very very common name for an Italian restaurant.


Our "Lotsa Pasta" is a gourmet grocery which also makes hella sandwiches.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Hurm?
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2004, 03:51:20 pm »

i spent my weekend half-heartedly cleaning my apartment.  well, that was maybe 3 hours total.  the rest of the time i spent playing zelda majora's mask on n64.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hurm?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2004, 04:42:31 pm »

March Break began for me, so I was busy revelling in the novelty of living by myself in the form of making my basment into a never-ending picnic, spending all my food money on pot, making pancakes every day, drinking gin and tonics, and watching bad old movies [Forbidden Planet].  It was a refreshing taste of my future adult life, but left relatively little time for message-board shenanigans.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2004, 05:24:13 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
watching bad old movies [Forbidden Planet].  It was a refreshing taste of my future adult life, but left relatively little time for message-board shenanigans.


Great, now I have Science Fiction Double Feature stuck in my head. Thank you ever so much.

So help me if I start singing Sweet Transvestite at work.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 05:24:32 pm »

Bitten by the spring-cleaning bug.  Also, medium-sick.  

I'm better now, but still sleepy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hurm?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 05:25:46 pm »

Wow. My ideal weekend.
Or what was when I was younger.
You'll find that while it is a good taster of later life, when it is your later life, you will make sure as to have lots of food around too, instead of spending all your food money on pot. Be this because you have more money available, or because like sleep, you just need more of it when you're older...

Well. How it went for me anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hurm?
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 05:36:01 pm »

Ha, yeah, my weekend probably was pretty akin to my adult life, in that it entailed moving back in with my parents, a short period of terrified apartment searching, followed by depression, bargaining and finally, acceptance.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hurm?
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 09:08:40 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
You'll find that while it is a good taster of later life, when it is your later life, you will make sure as to have lots of food around too, instead of spending all your food money on pot.


I discovered the key was telling friends they could come over, and have an Indoor Place to Smoke their Drugs, if they brought food.
Logged
goose means greedy

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Hurm?
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 10:25:33 pm »

We're trying to buy a house.  It consumes much of the weekend.
And work is consuming all of the week.  Kind of sucks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Hurm?
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2004, 10:49:21 pm »

I don't have the internet at home, so by default I quit every board every Friday night, only to miraculously reappear on Mondays.

On second thought, it's not really that miraculous.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up