Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?  (Read 3525 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« on: March 15, 2004, 06:51:37 pm »

My girlfriend has very kindly offered to make me an iron-on Tshirt out of one panel of Achewood.  Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time picking one out, since most of the jokes require the context of at least one preceding panel in order to avoid being a complete non sequitur.

I really like this last panel but am shying away from a Tshirt with an extended middle finger or any profanity on it.  That includes pictures of cats wearing a basketball jersey and knee-high striped socks but nothing "down there."  I already have a "Here Comes a Special Boy" Tshirt and everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.

Basically, I am asking for suggestions, because you guys love the Achewood possibly more than anyone.  Apologies to the mods if this thread is in the wrong place or somehow otherwise violates the rules and regulations.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 07:49:01 pm »

<------------ this one.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 09:07:00 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.


Amen to having had that problem.  As for best out-of-context panel, I put the "giant apocalyptic machinery" one on the cover of one of my old sketchbooks.

Edit after a long time in the archives:  link
Logged
goose means greedy

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Re: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:01:48 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.


they only think philippe is a c*ck because they want to think philippe is a c*ck.  he really looks much less like a c*ck than a random dude with a bowl cut would--seriously.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 12:27:17 am »

I've never had the Philippe on my special-boy shirt confused with a c*ck. Overall, though, my shirt seems to attract much less hilarity than the average; the only really funny thing I can think of connected with it was the conversation with my mother wherein she was confused as to why I owned a "special boy" shirt and assumed I'd accidentally brought my boyfriend's shirt home for the summer.

Anyway, this is a hard question to answer, since most of the panels I like I like in context. Why not just troll the archive and figure out what you dig?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 12:58:09 am »

The only time I've had anyone notice a c*ck on my "Special Boy" tshirt is from the time I took a picture of my own c*ck, cut it out, and taped it on my shirt. Then people were all like, WHAT UP WITH c*ck?
I'm partial to the "Huggggggssss" panel.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 10:06:08 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
<------------ this one.


Thanks, sailor.  You were correct, that is the best panel for a shirt.  And I am happy to report it looks awesome, made entirely from iron-on transfer paper bought in the printer section of Target and a little application of the "Posterize" filter in Photoshop to thicken up the lines on a blown-up Roast Beef.

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 02:16:19 am »

Quote from: "Lane"

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."

I copy you. I've bought tons of this stuff, but I may or may not end up bootlegging a shirt; if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

(I've only worn it maybe six times since acquiring it, and I always wash it inside-out, yet the design is already hella cracked. Strangely, the Rabbit Ambulance shirt I acquired at the same time and wear about as often is pristine.)
Logged

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 07:27:17 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

(I've only worn it maybe six times since acquiring it, and I always wash it inside-out, yet the design is already hella cracked. Strangely, the Rabbit Ambulance shirt I acquired at the same time and wear about as often is pristine.)


Yea, that is strange, my "Special Boy" and "More Science" shirts have survived numerous washings without any trouble at all.  He must have switched decal vendors when he sold the strip to the Japanese.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 10:13:50 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Quote from: "sailor"
<------------ this one.


Thanks, sailor.  You were correct, that is the best panel for a shirt.  And I am happy to report it looks awesome, made entirely from iron-on transfer paper bought in the printer section of Target and a little application of the "Posterize" filter in Photoshop to thicken up the lines on a blown-up Roast Beef.

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."


you hell of owe me a shirt right about now.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 07:11:57 am »

A shirt is a weird debt.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 02:54:04 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
A shirt is a weird debt.


YOU'RE a weird debt!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 07:15:15 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

Yea, that is strange, my "Special Boy" and "More Science" shirts have survived numerous washings without any trouble at all.  He must have switched decal vendors when he sold the strip to the Japanese.

Yeah, same here -- I've got a "Special Boy" shirt from the first run, as well as a "Science" baseball T from one of the early runs, and both of them are in good shape for their age and frequency of wear. I guess my "Sanryobuki" shirt just sucks.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 02:45:25 am »

in case no-one already mentioned it, i think last panel here is superlative in its stand-alone-yet-happy-geeky-injoke mightiness.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 07:10:04 pm »

Last panel on this one is a pretty good non sequitur.

And the last panel of this one is also kinda wunnerful.[/url]
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up