Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March  (Read 5566 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« on: March 17, 2004, 12:06:19 pm »

...

I mean, I laughed, but I am also somewhat confused. It seemed to feel like about three strips in one. Which I guess is a good thing, I just wasn't prepared.
Oh hell I have to go to sleep now.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 02:11:27 pm »

I think Ray and Beef are only different breeds to make it easier to tell them appart in silhouette.

It's also weird that Ray uses a "diary" while Beef has a "journal." I would've thought Ray would be bothered by the girlie connotations.

[Edit: I'm Ray now. Whoo!]
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 03:07:07 pm »

I would like to know about what constitutes a "good chat" with Todd.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 03:28:27 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
I would like to know about what constitutes a "good chat" with Todd.

I think it would be difficult to have a conversation with Todd which was good on an absolute level, but he may also mean good relative to other chats with Todd. Or maybe it's just Beef's low standards again.

I rather like how Ray writes like Beef talks, while Beef himself has a much more civilized writing style.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 04:20:44 pm »

oh uh listen uh so and um today I studied a microscope

This is Good.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 05:32:21 pm »

This week is off to a far better start than should be allowed by law.*

Although, I must admit to feeling guilty about seeing the humor in Beef's hella depression.  But who else would find a discussion of Frankestien to be a reminder of their own mortaility?


* I have just jinxed the rest of the week, of course.  You're welcome
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 05:37:32 pm »

I just realized:
I'm friends with this dude, and my older brother is friends with this dude's sister. I was hanging out with my brother and the dude's sister, just havin' all sorts of fun, and she did an imitation of her brother, which was so spot on and perfect.
Not until I read today's strip did I realize that her impression of her brother was exactly like my mental impression of Beef.

"You guys play here too? WEIRD."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 06:58:13 pm »

Protracted sentence award of the week!

Took me a good few to fully get to grips with.
I can even see from the quote how it sounds Beeflike. But then I seem to hear everything as Beef right now. I think I may be about to turn into him overnight.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 11:41:05 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore
I rather like how Ray writes like Beef talks, while Beef himself has a much more civilized writing style.


m3 2!!!1!!

Beef's style is not only civilized, but he uses intensely correct punctuation and rather complex sentences. I bet he touch-types as well, and never has to backspace--hence, his ability to type in the dark, his native catty eyesight notwithstanding.

Also, I like how Ray dons a shirt and tie when he sits down to the computer.  Can't tell from the masthead for Ray's Place whether he does this while dispensing advice, though.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 12:39:37 am »

Paisley, I understand why you thought that, as I did as well; however, closer inspection reveals it's just his medallion hanging in front of his chest.

Sorry to burst your bubble, kid.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 12:50:02 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
closer inspection reveals it's just his medallion hanging in front of his chest.


*Squints* You sure?

(Great dancing shoes gif)
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 01:38:51 am »

I've taken the liberty of zooming and colorizing the image in question.



You can see that the medallion hangs front and center, and the left arm is crossed in front of Ray.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 01:53:44 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
You can see that the medallion hangs front and center, and the left arm is crossed in front of Ray.


Awesome. I'm comparing the two images and ... I guess I need new glasses. I'm still seeing a collar and tie in the native version on my monitor's resolution, but then, I still think there was more than one shooter in the Zapruder film. Whatever. Gov. Connelly still has JFK's blood on his hands, and Ray is still a dork.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 03:36:46 am »

Quote from: "Paisley"
Gov. Connelly still has JFK's blood on his hands, and Ray is still a dork.


Quod erat demonstrandum.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 04:50:35 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quod erat demonstrandum.


Honi soit qui mal y pense, dude.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up