Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Top o' the Mornin'  (Read 5393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« on: March 17, 2004, 05:54:28 pm »

Top o' the mornin to ye!

Persons of Irish-American heritige, represent!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 05:55:59 pm »

Yo.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 06:03:00 pm »

w00t!
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:18:34 pm »

What are the evening plans?  Anyone going to actually Drink Green Stuff?
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 06:48:12 pm »

On the Fourth of July, 1806
We set sail from the sweet cohb of Cork
We were sailing away with a cargo of bricks
For the Grand City Hall in New York
'Twas a wonderful craft
She was rigged fore and aft
And oh, how the wild wind drove her
She stood several blasts
She had twenty seven masts
And they called her The Irish Rover

All up in the Irish, yo.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 06:52:25 pm »

I always refer to today as St. Americans wearing green and drinking day.
Since I've never seen a Brit or a real Irishmen do much today.
At least nothing they don't usually do...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 07:05:51 pm »

C'mon, man. We're AMERICANS. Our cultural identity SUCKS. At least let us pilfer a Disney-fied version of the identity for a FEW MORE GENERATIONS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 07:20:24 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Pogues lyrics...


Yeah!  That is exactly what this day is missing.  It's a family tradition to listen to Fairytale of New York during the Christmas season, but I don't usually listen to them that often... mmm... Shane McGowan.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:21:00 pm »

And the rest of the day to yerself, lass.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 07:24:01 pm »

I accidentally wore blue today. Verily am I shamed.

Then again, I think I contain basically everything except Irish, so either I was shamed from the get-go or I'm exempt.

Anyway, this post is the green of atonement.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 07:42:29 pm »

What's Irish and sits out in the rain?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 07:46:37 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What's Irish and sits out in the rain?


PATIO FURNITURE.

I didn't know we could post in colors!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 08:11:29 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

I didn't know we could post in colors!


I'm not out or protest.
I don't celebrate any of these things. Even mother's day, back when I was a kid, I told my mother 'I'm sorry, but this is a bullshit holiday'. She was thankfully fine with it.

I guess the whole Saints thing just means fuck all to me. I don't even get touched when it's St. Andrew's day. I don't even remember when that is!
But I'll watch on and laugh as you all get drunk tonight.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 08:56:52 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What's Irish and sits out in the rain?


PATIO FURNITURE.

I didn't know we could post in colors!


Well, mostly right but to be Irish you would have had to say:

Paddy O'Furniture.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 09:13:48 pm »

This reminds me of a story...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up