Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top o' the Mornin'  (Read 5372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 09:45:02 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I guess the whole Saints thing just means fuck all to me. I don't even get touched when it's St. Andrew's day. I don't even remember when that is!
But I'll watch on and laugh as you all get drunk tonight.


Who is St. Andrew and since when does he get his own day?
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 10:16:25 pm »

Would it be in bad taste to post in orange today?
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 10:18:11 pm »

St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, and his day is celebrated on Nov. 30th. The flag of Scotland is the cross of St. Andrew.
Ha, that came like verbatum from my 5th grade roots presentation.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 10:49:34 pm »

I feel vaguely ashamed that I can't remember which day St. Crispin's Day is after going through great pains in junior-year English to memorize it. I suppose Google would help, but inertia kills that idea right quick.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 11:01:33 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Would it be in bad taste to post in orange today?


Not in bad taste, but let's just say that you're on my list now, Anglophilic punk.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 11:08:48 pm »

St. Patrick's Day is hard to enjoy for someone who (a) grew up in Boston, (b) never had a clear head for dates, and (c) was never particularly prone to wearing large amounts of green. Even explaining "No, I'm descended exclusively from Eastern European Jews and have no logical reason to possibly celebrate Irish heritage" is not enough for some people.

Also, I think St. Crispin is October 25, but don't take my word for it.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 11:35:44 pm »

I've always been fond of St Swithen's Day.

I though St Andrew's Day was whenever they played the final round of the British Open.

**edited to say "Why yes, google, I did mean St. Swithin's Day"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 12:25:05 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"

Also, I think St. Crispin is October 25, but don't take my word for it.

My last few brain cells seem to be indicating that it's either this or August 25th. No idea why I'm confusing August and October, unless assonance counts.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 03:32:36 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
No idea why I'm confusing August and October, unless assonance counts.


No idea.  One is crisp, mellow and colorful and the other is a month.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Top o' the Mornin'
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2004, 03:43:14 am »

They both border September?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up